ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Can't wait for Flash to die!

(1/3) > >>

zridling:

And I'm not alone in the feeling. Apple hates it (which makes me think I should reconsider), Ubuntu will no longer default to installing Flash, Google (and Apple) have long been pushing HTML5.* Now IE9 does HTML5 with ease. When you look at the resource hog that Flash has become (in the browser), it's a real shame, and doesn't transfer well with mobile computing and I'm wanting more of those YouTube videos converted!

rgdot:
+1, can't wait either.

May be in 5 years browsers won't even support Flash
SpoilerNot going to happen but one can hope

40hz:
I'm always leary of throwing out a known PITA for an unknown new one.

From my experience, there's a bad tendency for one awkward, proprietary technology to be replaced by an even more awkward, bloated, and proprietary one. It's also interesting to note Apple is a stakeholder in the tech they want to replace Flash with. So I'm taking about 2/3 of Apple's arguments with a grain of salt.  Anything Apple doesn't own and control it tries to ridicule or litigate out of existence.

:)

Stoic Joker:
And I'm not alone in the feeling. Apple hates it (which makes me think I should reconsider),
-zridling (March 27, 2011, 03:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hm...

Anything Apple doesn't own and control it tries to ridicule or litigate out of existence.
-40hz (March 27, 2011, 05:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Shit. Now I can't hate Flash even though it really annoys me... (Er...) ...Sometimes.

Renegade:
I'm always leary of throwing out a known PITA for an unknown new one.

From my experience, there's a bad tendency for one awkward, proprietary technology to be replaced by an even more awkward, bloated, and proprietary one. It's also interesting to note Apple is a stakeholder in the tech they want to replace Flash with. So I'm taking about 2/3 of Apple's arguments with a grain of salt.  Anything Apple doesn't own and control it tries to ridicule or litigate out of existence.

:)

-40hz (March 27, 2011, 05:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1

I'm a bit scared that if Apple has anything to do with things, the web will get locked down with patents and DRM and restrictions and just plain hellish non-sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version