ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What Android Apps Do You Use?

<< < (17/49) > >>

Deozaan:
Lately I'm noticing the displayed time being sooner later than what seems correct -- and it seems to get worse over time.

Installed ClockSync (root required) and am hoping for an improvement.

Has anyone else had similar problems?
-ewemoa (July 11, 2011, 07:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

On Sunday the power went out here and I reset the clock in the kitchen according to my Android's clock. I found out later that day that my Android clock was about 20 minutes behind actual time and I was late for something. This thread reminded me to fix my clock on my Android, but I just checked and it is accurate now. :huh:

I no longer subscribe to cellular/data service on my Android, I also hadn't had it connected to the wifi for a while and it got behind. But for about the past 24 hours it's been connected to WiFi and now the clock is right, so I think perhaps it automatically syncs itself with some sort of "atomic clock" if it has data/WiFi access.

Other than this instance on Sunday, I've never noticed my Android clock being wrong, except perhaps when I was travelling by airplane (phone was off) across timezones.

ewemoa:
Thanks all for your comments :)

The device in question here isn't currently associated with any phone plans and its WiFi doesn't tend to be on very much to increase the time between battery charges.

ewemoa:
Came across this spreadsheet of supposedly free apks:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkYukCg_h8T-dDJGYml2Wm5QdGowYlJNYW5WMmxJMlE&gid=0

Renegade:
I just started using Andricious - a Delicious client that integrates with Android. Works very well.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.sherbert.delicious

The integration is good and I can use it in Opera. So... Happy. :)

Tuxman:
Delicious is still around? Thought Yahoo canceled it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version