ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What Android Apps Do You Use?

<< < (7/49) > >>

Darwin:
Eager to try out some of these apps, but not being a Market user, I was happy to find Android Freeware as it appears to provide a fair number of .apk files for download.

Prior to using this site, I'd been using SlideME and AndAppStore -- neither seemed to have RealCalc or ASTRO File Manager but Android Freeware did :)
-ewemoa (March 29, 2011, 09:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

What's your reason for not using the market?
-phitsc (March 30, 2011, 02:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

I can think of two possible reasons: 1. ewemoa is using a non-Google approved tablet (ie one without 3g and therefore without official access to the Google Marketplace) or 2. ewemoa's only intereted in freeware and doesn't want to have to wade through the thousands of paid apps that are available on the marketplace.

Deozaan:
uTorrent Remote - Allows you to add/remove/manage your torrents remotely. I don't torrent often enough to really use this, but it's nifty.-Deozaan (March 24, 2011, 02:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you're still using uTorrent 1.8.x or 2.x you might be better off using the MiniUI - takes up no space on the phone, just access via browser.
-4wd (March 30, 2011, 01:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks. That looks cool, but I'm using uTorrent 3.0 (Falcon).

4wd:
Thanks. That looks cool, but I'm using uTorrent 3.0 (Falcon).
-Deozaan (March 30, 2011, 02:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

I only mentioned it because a lot of private trackers only allow versions 1.8/2.0.

* Sent from a really small android screen :)

ewemoa:
What's your reason for not using the market?
-phitsc (March 30, 2011, 02:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
Originally it was because I didn't know how to use it without a Google account -- and it didn't sit well with me to have to make an account which might be associated with a device like a mobile phone AND applications.  Another way to put it might be that I feel pretty uncomfortable from the perspective of privacy.

ewemoa:
3 (Cubed) - Cool music player with widget (but lacks EQ)
-phitsc (March 24, 2011, 05:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
Trying this out now - do you happen to know if it's possible to display the time elapsed so far of the current track?

Also, is there "sleep timer" functionality?  I have SleepTimer, but it seems more convenient for this functionality to be built-in to the audio player.

On a related note, I'm also trying MortPlayer Music - have you tried that out?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version