ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is the Windows Helvetica equivalent (original Helvetica from a Mac)

<< < (4/4)

superboyac:
@SB - in your explorations also take a look at the Lucida font family. Scientific American used to use it for all their stuff. It's very popular in the tech publishing world since there's good support for mathematical character sets. It's also one of the few font families that contains both serif and san serif typefaces. Wikipedia has a pretty good article on it here.

Nice looking too. Especially Lucida Bright, which is another one of those typefaces that's a pleasure to read. Text looks especially good using a slightly larger (12/12.5 point) sizes with Lucida. It also stays readable when it's slightly condensed by tightening up on your tracking settings. Pretty much perfect for a technical textbook!

8)

-40hz (March 24, 2011, 11:04 AM)
--- End quote ---
You have a lot of good suggestions.  I like the idea of using one font and not worrying about it.  i also like that Lucida is not a system font for either mac or pc.  I'm sure my friend is going to fight me on this because he loves helvetica.  I like it also.  But one thing for sure...I'm never going to use a system font for work like this ever again.  bad idea.

superboyac:
Sounds like minion math is pretty well thought out.  That might be the one for math.

xtabber:
Try Googling "Helvetica" today (April 1 2011) for Google's April Fools Day joke.

cranioscopical:
For an interesting side trip, smash!ng apps has gathered some fun with typography here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version