ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Copy selection on webpage as text with text hyperlink URL's and ASCIIart

(1/8) > >>

Nater:
Often I like to copy text from a webpage into a text editor.  When I copy hyperlinked text in a browser, I loose the URL when copying to text, and must go back and manually copy the link, then place it next to my text in my text editor. 

I would like a utility that will do this for me automatically when I copy and paste from a web browser to a text editor. 

As I was thinking about requesting this, a secondary thought came to me, which is silly but I suppose it could be entertaining, would be to additionally convert the images contained in the selection of text on the web page to ASCII art text when pasting to the text editor.  The ASCII art dimensions should not be too large as to overwhelm the text in the editor, and the ASCII art images should be placed in the text relative to where the images were positioned on the web page.  The ASCII art should be an optional feature.

rjbull:
If you use Firefox, some of the addons can meet your first requirement.

Nater:
If you use Firefox, some of the addons can meet your first requirement.
-rjbull (March 24, 2011, 04:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

I do use Firefox.  I tried the addon MultiLinks and looked at several others.  I couldn't get MultiLinks to do what I wanted, and based on the other addon descriptions, they couldn't copy an entire block of text (hyperlinked or not) and grab the text of the non-hyperlinked text along with the titles of hyperlinks with the associated link all in one command.  Which Firefox addon(s) where you thinking of?

hornet:
Have you looked at Surfulator?

cyberdiva:
I couldn't get MultiLinks to do what I wanted, and based on the other addon descriptions, they couldn't copy an entire block of text (hyperlinked or not) and grab the text of the non-hyperlinked text along with the titles of hyperlinks with the associated link all in one command.
-Nater (March 24, 2011, 05:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
Surfulater can "copy an entire block of text (hyperlinked or not) and grab the text of the non-hyperlinked text along with the titles of hyperlinks with the associated link all in one command."  But Surfulater is not a text editor.  I'm not sure why you want to copy all this to a text editor.  If there's no compelling reason to use a text editor, then I would enthusiastically second hornet's recommendation that you take a look at Surfulater.  It works very well with Firefox.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version