ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone testing Daminion Media Manager ?

<< < (9/15) > >>

K.Murat:
A new update of Daminion 0.9.8b is available to download:

------- What's New -------
The new updated version of Daminion now has support for offline files and improved file/folder management capabilities, including:
- Moving (drag and drop) files to folders
- Adding sub-folders
- Renaming folders

This latest version allows the location of folders to be updated (re-linked). For example, if a folder is moved to a location outside Daminion, it’s now possible to simply re-link to the new location without having to re-import the entire contents of the folder.

There are more than 20 other minor improvements and bug-fixes. A detailed list of changes is available on our blog.

Jibz:
This latest version allows the location of folders to be updated (re-linked). For example, if a folder is moved to a location outside Daminion, it’s now possible to simply re-link to the new location without having to re-import the entire contents of the folder.
-K.Murat (January 15, 2013, 02:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Great :up:.

tomos:
It's pretty much on-topic for both threads, so I quote post of mine from the "Why is it so hard to find a decent image organizer?" thread:

Could any users of Daminion comment on the programme?
I guess I'm especially interested in how it compares to other organisers - I know that's asking a lot (but no harm in trying).

I have an older version of Daminion installed. I will probably update it - but because I have no experience of other organisers I dont really have a concept of where it fits in with regard to others.

:-[ Also ACDSee has a fairly attractive offer at the moment which only runs for another 1.5 days or so, but me being 'unexperienced', it doesnt give me enough time to test it and get a feel for it ...
-tomos (February 02, 2013, 01:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

thanks, Tom

K.Murat:
Daminion 0.9.9 was released.

What's New

* Improved File/Folder management
* It’s now possible to remove folders from the catalog
* Added support for drag-and-drop reordering of folder structure in the tags tree. You can now create subfolders by simply dragging and dropping one folder into another.
* Re-location of media items. If you’ve renamed or moved a file outside Daminion you can re-link the file’s new location back to Daminion. To access this option go to the “Item > Actions > Relink Item…” menu.
* Added option to Copy/Paste Tags. You can now copy and paste annotations from one item to another
* Tag presets can now be assigned “on-the-fly” to importing files, i.e. during import.
* The newly added “Tag Presets” allow you to define tag presets and assign them to files.
* Minor bug fixes and improvements
A detailed list of changes is available on the product home page

40hz:
Looks to be a very nice program. But I personally can't justify taking the time to give it a thorough tryout because I know I'll never end up purchasing a license for it. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version