topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 3:49 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Repositioning of windows / Fixup OnTop Status - can it be optimized?  (Read 3787 times)

poyan

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • DentalTrauma.info
    • Donate to Member
Hi,
I like the feature that LBC tries to keep the borders free where its docks are sitting. However sometimes (no, more often than that) this is not succesful, and a window is positioned with its top-menu just beneath the dock that is at the top border of my screen, thus unaccessible for the mouse to drag around or to reach the menu. A right click on the LBC dock reveals a menu entry "fixup OnTop Status". If I click it, the wrongly positioned window is immediately positioned where it should be, just below the dock. After this repositioning LBC seems to be closed for a moment (the docks disappear), and then restarted - this part seems to be unneccessary. It is time consuming, at least on my subnote with a slow 1.8" HD and an ulv processor it takes quite some seconds... In case this fixup ONTop Status is necessary, could there be another menu entry to just reposition the other windows?
Even better: can the build in commands (like fixup OnTop) be added as a dock entry? Then it would be a one click feature (instead of: right click, then position the mouse on the correct menu entry, then left click). Or get a hotkey?
Or, at best, can the recognition be improved that a window is positioned within that forbidden zone?

thank you
poyan

winXP Prof.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
This is an excellent point.. You are right that there are really two things that are happening when you choose that option -- and i should be able to make a faster simpler operation that just fixes up positioning.