ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

My Movie Fantasy

<< < (5/5)

Stoic Joker:
A mix of -1408,30 days of night, farm house and Hostel, is what i would like to see someday.
-mahesh2k (March 23, 2011, 11:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

I take it you like Rob Zombie's movies? Those are wicked evil. He's got a very twisted, sinister imagination.
-Renegade (March 23, 2011, 06:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Homicidal Clowns (The Devils Rejects)... What's not to like? :)

Hostel = People with a piqued sense of entitlement + Kicks Just Keep Getting Harder To Find... Funny really how "evil" is easier to accept when it's a mythical creature of some kind. It keeps things tidily abstracted to the it can't really happen zone. - Call it horror at a safe distance. - But when it's just people, be they egotistically sick & twisted or not, doing evil deeds ... the level of "real" becomes a bit (more unnerving) harder to be/stay disconnected from.

Renegade:
A mix of -1408,30 days of night, farm house and Hostel, is what i would like to see someday.
-mahesh2k (March 23, 2011, 11:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

I take it you like Rob Zombie's movies? Those are wicked evil. He's got a very twisted, sinister imagination.
-Renegade (March 23, 2011, 06:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Homicidal Clowns (The Devils Rejects)... What's not to like? :)

Hostel = People with a piqued sense of entitlement + Kicks Just Keep Getting Harder To Find... Funny really how "evil" is easier to accept when it's a mythical creature of some kind. It keeps things tidily abstracted to the it can't really happen zone. - Call it horror at a safe distance. - But when it's just people, be they egotistically sick & twisted or not, doing evil deeds ... the level of "real" becomes a bit (more unnerving) harder to be/stay disconnected from.
-Stoic Joker (March 23, 2011, 08:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

That was well put. I think that's what makes Rob Zombie's movies so utterly horrifying. He takes human depravity to new lows.

mahesh2k:
Rob zombie stuff is quite disturbing for me but it's fun sometimes.

I prefer psychological stuff in both horror and thriller movies, so that's why hostel was odd addition in that reply. lol. Some movies that i like - magnolia, sybil, A Clockwork Orange, Silk  (korean horror), gozu, shutter island etc.  :Thmbsup: 

Renegade:
Rob zombie stuff is quite disturbing for me but it's fun sometimes.

I prefer psychological stuff in both horror and thriller movies, so that's why hostel was odd addition in that reply. lol. Some movies that i like - magnolia, sybil, A Clockwork Orange, Silk  (korean horror), gozu, shutter island etc.  :Thmbsup: 
-mahesh2k (March 24, 2011, 04:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

You might like "Fallen". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallen_%28film%29

It is one of the best horror films I've ever seen. I've probably watched it between 50 and 100 times. Well, I play it rather often while working as background noise.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version