ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

App Store, Appstore, Tomato, Tomato, Potato, Potato

(1/2) > >>

Renegade:
LOUD SCREAMING!AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704139004576215392658777706.html?mod=WSJASIA_hpp_LEFTTopWhatNews

Apple Inc. sued Amazon.com Inc. over its use of the phrase "App Store," accusing the online retailer of trademark infringement.

"We've asked Amazon not to copy the App Store name because it will confuse and mislead customers," said a spokeswoman for Apple. A spokeswoman for Amazon said it doesn't comment on pending litigation.

Although Apple's trademark was approved by authorities, it is also being challenged by Microsoft Corp. and is currently subject to proceedings before an appeals board of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Apple said in its filing.

--- End quote ---

Good grief...

What kind of retard would grant a trademark on a generic term? "app" has been around forever. It's a truncation of "application". I don't think "store" need any explanation. And what kind of retard would think that a generic term can be a trademark?

"Coke" and "Kleenex" were brands BEFORE they became generic terms. That's a different story. These jackasses have the whole thing backwards.

SpiteI hope Apple burns in Hell.

wraith808:
^ To make you burn even more, consider this... Amazon will probably settle with Apple, thereby creating precedent...

app103:
You don't know how bad I want a store of my own...

And you know what I would call it?

App's Store, of course!  :D

Renegade:
^ To make you burn even more, consider this... Amazon will probably settle with Apple, thereby creating precedent...
-wraith808 (March 22, 2011, 10:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

I hope not. It's bad for everyone.

App's Store, of course!  :D
-app103 (March 22, 2011, 11:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hahahaha~! That would be excellent~!

Deozaan:

App's Store, of course!  :D
-app103 (March 22, 2011, 11:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

That reminds me of that guy named Michael Rowe who was a programmer, and made a website called mikerowesoft.com. I believe that Microsoft forced him to take down the domain or something similar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version