ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA:Extracting/scraping text from within programs and games

(1/3) > >>

Dochappy:
I'm looking for a program that can extract text(which cannot be copied by normal means) from a program or game. I have tried several programs and only  SysExporter helped a little by  letting me copy a little of the text but  it still left a lot to be desired. Textractor,WinScraper,ShoWin, and Count Characters didn't work at all.

I contacted the creator of the text based game to see if he had any ideas and with the older games it was impossible to code so copying would work. In the newer versions he  built in an excel exporter that exports the roster and stats straight to an excel file.

I would love for that to be be possible with this game but it's an older version there's no more support for it so I'm stuck with typing the data by hand. The stats are constantly updated doing by hand will be a nightmare.

would it be possible to  code a small program that can extra all data from the game while it's open or maybe from the game files ?

thanks in advance

PhilB66:
Give Control Content Saver a try. Other options... WinDowzer (Website in Russian but the application interface is English) and BinText

Dochappy:
thanks for the links just finished downloading and trying  them out. Control Content Saver and Bintext worked but like SysExporter it was only able to get some of the text. WinDowzer could not get any of the tex. again thanks for the link.

the game is Extreme Warfare Revenge and Total Extreme Warfare 2007. maybe it's impossible due to the way its coded ?

PhilB66:
Maybe TextGrabber then?

Also try extracting the text with JOCR or rOCR

Renegade:
Look into localization and translation software. Resource Hacker is a good one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version