topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 17, 2024, 9:08 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Automated Metadata Tool  (Read 3604 times)

Shardnax

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IDEA: Automated Metadata Tool
« on: March 19, 2011, 10:27 PM »
I'm not sure on how complicated this request would be (and it's kinda selfish) so feel free to deny it if isn't in the scope of this area.

I'd like a tool to update metadata on music, the genre of bands/albums to be specific, for music based on the information from http://metal-archives.com/.

IE. Select a folder with the program and it searches the website and changes the genre to what it is listed as. In the case of multiple genres simply ignore anything after the first / and put Metal as the suffix. So, Power/Folk Metal would just be 'Power Metal'. In the case of multiple results for a band a drop down selection of the results. Asking for confirmation before saving the changes would probably be best.

If there is already something that can edit metadata with the information from that site delete/close this request.

Edit:
Forgot to include idea in the title.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Automated Metadata Tool
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 11:18 PM »
That site doesn't appear to have any sort of search API so it would be manual page scraping.  Of course, I could be missing something...

Shardnax

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Automated Metadata Tool
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 11:46 PM »
That site doesn't appear to have any sort of search API so it would be manual page scraping.  Of course, I could be missing something...

Currently you need an account to search due to server maintenance, other than that I don't know, sorry.