ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Why don't browsers show page title in the titlebar anymore?

<< < (3/3)

InstantFundas:
Turn on the menu bar.

Stoic Joker:
I think it was Chrome that started this stupid trend - the page title is only displayed in the tab, and the window title is empty. Now they all do it - IE, Firefox 4. It makes it impossible to see what page you're on when there are more than 5-10 tabs open, without hovering over each.-MrCrispy (March 17, 2011, 02:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

When I first saw this topic, I was 100% ready to jump in and adamantly agree. For me a dozen tabs in a browser window is a good start. But then I saw the part about IE doing the same seeming foolish blank title thing ... And it got me thinking...Does it?!?

Here's the thing, I saw the thread at work, where I use IE8, which still has page titles. SO I had to wait until I got home, where I use IE9, to see this with my own eyes ... And there were no titles.

...Now I'd have sworn, that I both used and depended on them. But the (apparent) reality is that I didn't even notice they were gone.

widgewunner:
Opera 11 still has it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version