topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 3:27 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Release: Birthdays (simple birthday tracking app)  (Read 87962 times)

nogojoe

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Birthdays (simple birthday tracking app)
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2012, 12:05 AM »
no problems here skwire  thanks
Often the most convincing people are those who have lost the plot so much they don't recognize the difference between fact and fantasy

oblivion

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2012, 02:57 AM »
Ideally, this version should just appear to work as normal on your machine but please let me know either way.  Thank you.
Looks good here -- but as I was already running the last new version, I wouldn't have seen the same conversion issues anyway, I imagine!

Pleased you worked out how to fix it, anyway -- that bug must have come as a nasty surprise to you!
-- bests, Tim

...this space unintentionally left blank.

nogojoe

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2012, 06:38 PM »
no problems here skwire  thanks

sorry to annoy you skwire having backed up the birthdays txt file (smart me this time  8) ) I thought I had better check the back up file and I find that the months are not being written to the Birthdays text file. :tellme:    yet they are still coming up properly when the program is opened.
Often the most convincing people are those who have lost the plot so much they don't recognize the difference between fact and fantasy

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2012, 06:48 PM »
The months don't get written to the file in a literal sense.  You'll notice that the file is separated into twelve sections; each section represents the month.

nogojoe

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2012, 07:23 PM »
The months don't get written to the file in a literal sense.  You'll notice that the file is separated into twelve sections; each section represents the month.

thats great I can see that now  :up:

can you tell me what's the purpose of the add as monthly tick box?

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2012, 07:37 PM »
can you tell me what's the purpose of the add as monthly tick box?

It's an easy way to add a new entry to each month in one shot.

Muadib

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2012, 03:12 PM »
Hi Skwire,

Thank you very much for this little gem. I love it and I am using it a lot, but I am missing something that I am not sure if already exist: the possibility of keeping it minimised in the system tray and popping up a reminder when a birthday arrives ... errr... sorry, in fact I think I am asking you for two things  :-[

I agree absolutely with the approach of keeping it small, so please take this in account if you decide implement these two things.

Thanks a lot.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2012, 03:34 PM »
Nice nickname and avatar; I loved the Dune series.  =]  As to your post, I wrote Birthdays with the intention that it didn't stay running in the tray or anything like that since, I feel, there are many birthday reminder apps already out there.  That being said, what you're requesting isn't all that difficult to add so I'll try to find some time to add it in.  Thanks for the feedback.

Muadib

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2012, 03:56 PM »
Thank you for your kind words Skwire, Dune series always make me think.

As for your great software, I am using it all the time, but I never could find a good birthday reminder that was small, simple and that could just do one thing only without being bloated and RAM addicted. I will be grateful if you can implement the changes, but please do it only when you have time.

Thank you for all your fantastic programs.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 06:05 PM by Muadib »