ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

[PREDICTION] You Will Eat a Tablet in the Next Few Years

<< < (3/3)

Renegade:
To me it just proves that half of the people that buy laptops don't really need them.

In the 6 years I've had my laptop, I've probably used it less than 15 hours total. Typically for some manner of diagnostic (or router configuration), that only required that I have a network connection and a command prompt or browser window.

So I could easily deal with a much smaller & lighter device ... as long as it had a proper OS that would run whatever app~lication I chose to write for it.
-Stoic Joker (March 23, 2011, 08:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's a very important thing, and one that iOS makes very difficult to do. The deployment process is through Apple exclusively. You can get an enterprise developer subscription, but it is much more expensive, and doesn't make sense if you need to deploy to only a few devices.

Speaking of... My Apple developer subscriptions are coming to an end... Sigh... Pay for the right to develop for a platform? Just nutty.

xtabber:
There's a parallel discussion going on in https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=25577.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version