topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 9:05 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: OAuth function for Autohotkey  (Read 4076 times)

sumon

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IDEA: OAuth function for Autohotkey
« on: March 14, 2011, 05:57 AM »
In short, an OAuth is a series of procedures (Server requests, URL-encoding, sorting keys, sending and receiving data, etc.) allowing a user to give the application (script, web app, etc.) access to some functions on his/her account of a specific site, such as Twitter, imgur, etc.

Sometimes coding has the potential to unleash more coding, in a positive sense. By developing an OAuth function for AHK you would enable a great community to do even greater things, communicating with web 2.0. Most site APIs nowdays require OAuth for atleast some of the functions, but there's no current solution for OAuthing with Autohotkey. It also might enable more donationware, and atleast very useful ware, which increases the possibility for donations.

Note that this request is more of a function/library/code request than an application request.

Read more about OAuth and see some Twitter implementation examples here: http://apiwiki.twitt...54657/OAuth-Examples

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: OAuth function for Autohotkey
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 10:04 AM »
I've been thinking about this for a few days, but I really think this should be solved at the AHK level, and not anywhere else.

So: Please post this request over at the AHK forums, and see if the dev-team picks it up.

sumon

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: OAuth function for Autohotkey
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 05:26 PM »
Thanks for your reply. I actually am a bit puzzled as to why I posted it here in the first place, but I was recommended to do so, by another member.

We'll see if we get anywhere in the AHK community, there is a thread about it at http://www.autohotke...iewtopic.php?t=47695

So, thanks anyway :)