ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Programmer Libs

PythonProtoCards - Prototype Card Game Images - v1.5.01 - 9/9/12

<< < (5/6) > >>

40hz:
Appreciate the idea, but Python is not my strongest language and there's nothing very special about the codebase.
-mouser (September 09, 2012, 02:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Understood. But it doesn't need to be particularly special. Or about Python per se.  All it would need to illustrate is how a code project/app gets designed and put together.  :)

But never mind. I was just thinking out loud anyway. ;D

mouser:
A different approach but related to programmatically generating lots of card designs is Nandeck, also free.

zaq.tech:
Hi Mouser,

Congratulations from Brazil to this very nice LIB and for the work you are doing here.

I am using your Python Lib and as I am a noob python programmer I have this question for you:

How can I set the upper Text to not be in UPPERCASE? I've tried some changes, but I can't still handle it.

Thanks in advance and keep this great job up.

Zaq.

mouser:
Finally the first user of the library!  :)
Welcome Zaq.

Ok so I'm assuming you are using one of my sample scripts as a starting point.  In that code look for a call to .upper() and remove that.  That's the call that is uppercaseing the string.

So for example in samples\codycards\2MakeImages.py,

change:

--- ---    title = pobj.get_propertyval("title","")
    title=title.upper()

to

--- ---    title = pobj.get_propertyval("title","")

zaq.tech:
Thank you mouser.

You have no idea what many things you can do with your LIB.

I got excited to learn Python just because your Library.

I have some good ideas to use  your library.

My first is to help children to learn alphabet. For example: one card I will put the letter "T" in other I will write the word "Tree" and say to children:  "T" as in "Tree", and so on...

Other nice thing to do: memory game. Print twice the card in a good paper and play with kids too.

I am studing a lot your website. Everyday I read things here I got more impressed with the great work you all are doing. I hope soon have time to share some things and projects with the members.

Thank you again mouser.

Zaq.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version