ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

JetDrive Defragmentation Suite

(1/5) > >>

Curt:
Brand new version 5, intro offer: 75% off the normal listed price: €10 instead of €40

http://www.abelssoft.de/b/go.php?t=28&coupon=kck
http://www.abelssoft.net/jetdrive.php

JetDrive is offered in two versions; Professional and a feature-rich Ultimate version.

JetDrive - Feature Overview

JetSmart II
      JetDrive defragments your hard drive. It does a far better job than Windows Defrag and -- depending upon the condition of your hard drive -- can result in a 20% gain in performance.
      Automatic or Manual
      JetDrive defragments your hard drives manually or with an automatic process called AutoJet. Defragmentation couldn't be easier.
      Defragments your Registry
      JetDrive defragments all hard drives, single files and even the Windows Registry with a special registry defragmentation algorithm.
      Checks your Drives for Errors
      JetDrive recognizes errors in your hard drives, and can even detect and fix errors automatically if you prefer.
      Detailed Reports
      JetDrive creates detailed reports of your hard drive defragmentastion process. It displays the current state in an easy to read 3D view and summarizes all operations.

JetDrive 5 is all new.
--- End quote ---

sajman99:
Nice discount, but I'm content with my current defragger so probably won't try it.

Can anyone comment on this defragger? Thanks for any info.  :)

f0dder:
I get very weary when I see stuff like "special registry defragmentation algorithm". My guess is that it can defragment the hive files that the registry is stored in, in which case it should simply state that - no need for marketing snake-oil.

And "JetDrive recognizes errors in your hard drives, and can even detect and fix errors automatically if you prefer." - what does this mean? Repair of filesystem errors that should probably be left to chkdsk (or a proper recovery application that doesn't do in-place "repairs"), or do they really mean drive errors? A pretty weird thing to incorporate in a "defragmentation suite" at any rate (including both fix & defragment in a "drive suite" would be another matter, though).

Ho humm.

sajman99:
Glad to see I'm not the only one tired of some of these marketing language claims.

These defragger software vendors try very hard to convince us they have reinvented the wheel.  Lacelevels, irreversible entropy, proprietary intelligent clusters allocation, blah-blah-blah. It's getting real deep-- magic dust/snake-oil indeed.

MerleOne:
Hi all,

I have a strong hint that JetDrive is based on Mydefrag/JKDefrag algorithm.  Most new defraggers just propose a new GUI, and some extra features like a GUI for chkdsk as it seems the case here.  For real innovation (else than MyDefrag which seems to have very good reviews), there is Raxco/Perfectdisk, Disktrix, O&O, IObit, etc.

Anyone to second the link with JKDefrag ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version