ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Fox Sends DMCA Takedown To Google To Remove Link To DMCA Takedown Sent By Fox

<< < (2/5) > >>

Renegade:
That was simply amazing!

This article has a few interesting bits/twists:

http://www.techeye.net/internet/fox-tries-to-censor-its-own-censorship

Confusing isn't it? This is because Fox's lawyers are in a perpetual legal loop trying to use the DMCA to shut up Chilling Effects and have not worked out that they are simply creating more Chilling Effects posts.

--- End quote ---

40hz:
It was so much easier in the good old days when people with a mindset like Fox could just burn books; and round up everyone they didn't like and put them in camps for "rehabilitation." Spanking' uniforms they wore too. And it was pretty "fair & balanced" treatment I understand.  Everybody was equally subject to being arrested at whim.

Doesnt get any fairer than that.

Now they have to go to court and file papers and lawsuits. What a hassle.

FoxNews Prevails! :-\

mahesh2k:
Hm, the cause of your non stop laugh is not in vain at all. Here the reasons of taking down the notice isn't clear at me. But, there's the way to strip up it by receiving the DCMA and mouser is ready to do it.
--- End quote ---

Okay, is there any change in TOFEL's standards lately ?

bob99:

Now they have to go to court and file papers and lawsuits. What a hassle.
-40hz (March 11, 2011, 07:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's called billable hours = $$$$$$$
IMO whether the reason it is legitimate or not, win or lose it's still $$$$$$$

40hz:
I know an attorney that would agree. He says: Justice has it's place in the courtroom. But right, wrong, or indifferent - in the end it's all billable time.

In his defense, he says that to discourage clients who are super gung-ho to file lawsuits he considers without merit. Known this attorney for years. He's an honorable guy. He'd be a lot richer - and probably retired and sitting in a beach house on Nantucket if he were a little less honorable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version