topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 10:40 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: How can I tame Microsoft Speech Recognition?  (Read 4671 times)

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
How can I tame Microsoft Speech Recognition?
« on: March 09, 2011, 09:22 PM »
I am using Microsoft Speech Recognition in a specific application, but for whatever reason, weird things have occurred.  I am sure it is because MSR is reading my speech as some kind of command.

Does anyone know how to "turn off" the keyboard command part of MSR?

Thanks,
~ CT

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: How can I tame Microsoft Speech Recognition?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 07:53 PM »
Refer to the Speech Reference Card to learn which commands are available. To access the Speech Reference Card, right click the microphone control bar.

To log bugs, use the instructions on the (June 2007) Microsoft Beta Web site (: 'Windows Live ID' needed). We are also interested in feature requests and general feedback about Speech Recognition.

You may request additional support for Speech Recognition by sending emails directly to the Speech Recognition team at [email protected].
-MSDN

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 05:39 PM »
Refer to the Speech Reference Card to learn which commands are available. To access the Speech Reference Card, right click the microphone control bar.

To log bugs, use the instructions on the (June 2007) Microsoft Beta Web site (: 'Windows Live ID' needed). We are also interested in feature requests and general feedback about Speech Recognition.

You may request additional support for Speech Recognition by sending emails directly to the Speech Recognition team at [email protected].
-MSDN

Thank you very much, Curt!  I have taken a look at the card, but what I need isn't addressed.  What I am after is the ability to have the speech recognition engine only respond to the window/app that has the focus; otherwise, you end up with some really strange happenings.  I'll forward my inquiry to the "listen" email.  Take care!

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 06:30 PM »
Just wanted to say I hope you have better luck with it than I did - Lacking a good mic at the time - I ended up scrapping the idea after 20 minutes of (um...) "enthusiasticly" swearing at it because it wouldn't respond at all, unless I yelled directly into the mic.

[Bad Stoic Moment...]

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 01:08 PM »
[Bad Stoic Moment...]

Sounds like the makings of another three-letter icon... BSM.   :D