topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 11:06 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Poll

Do you think adding optional image saving support to CHS should be a top priority?

Yes, CHS needs to be able to save clipboard images, i can't live without this
5 (29.4%)
It would be nice to have but it's not that important to me
10 (58.8%)
I'm a CHS text purist, i don't need a clipboard tool to save images and waste space
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Last post Author Topic: V2 Beta of Clipboard Help+Spell With Support for Images  (Read 58717 times)

DaveTheDuffer

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: V2 Beta of Clipboard Help+Spell With Support for Images
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2011, 01:48 PM »
I would user it and love it! :Thmbsup:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2011, 01:58 PM »
I would user it

go ahead and user it!

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2011, 02:52 PM »
I would user it and love it! :Thmbsup:
-DaveTheDuffer (May 06, 2011, 01:48 PM)

V2 Beta with image support is here:
https://www.donation...elpAndSpellSetup.exe

:)
Tom

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2011, 08:29 PM »
IainB said:
@mouser: Just some feedback on CHS ß behaviour:
 * I notice that if I copy some types of text from MS OneNote, it goes into CHS as an image clip. It doesn't seem to consistently do this, and I have not yet figured out what the criteria are that govern whether it goes into CHS as text (which is what I usually want) or as an image.
 * CHS does not always copy when it is told to - i.e., no copy and no sound. If I go and do something else (clear the keyboard buffer?), then come back to the difficult copy, CHS will usually copy it OK.

mouser said:
IainB, try to open up the CHS options and go to the new Stats tab, and see if you can reproduce the problem and watch how, if at all, the stats change when it fails to copy anything.  Let me know what you discover.

The OneNote text issue: seems to have "gone away".
The reluctant copy issue: seems to have gone away.

I would guess that these issues were probably fixed by other changes in the dynamically changing CHS ß software.

New issue - slow/delayed keyboard and misbehaviour on paste: in navigation, selection and typing of text. I'm not sure whether this is attributable to CHS, but it is a "new" issue. I am running Autohotkey (32-bit version) on Win7 64-bit OS. Paste operations often end up with the pasted text and areas above selected (highlighted), though the pasted text is itself correct.

New issue - sporadic DBISAM errors:  I have worked around these by shutting down and restarting CHS.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 08:33 PM by IainB »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2011, 09:46 PM »
See if you can identify what triggers these remaining problems.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #105 on: May 07, 2011, 04:46 AM »
I dont know if this is a beta issue:

everytime CH&S restarts it reselects the bottom two options under Backup maintainance/Automatic filing
(I had them deselected)

Screenshot 038.png

it's working well here otherwise :up:
Tom

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2011, 06:24 PM »
@mouser:
CHS seems to be working really nicely for me now, and the image support is sometimes exceedingly useful. THANKYOU!    :Thmbsup:

Feedback and suggestions/notes:
See if you can identify what triggers these remaining problems. [sporadic DBISAM errors]
Belated feedback on this: These errors seem to have "gone away".

Plus, some interesting notes:
1. Taken from the ReadMe.txt file of LeeLu Soft's Clipboard Rules 1.0:
Spoiler
Clipboard Rules 1.0 - a freeware by LeeLu Soft 2011
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clipboard Rules is a unique and simple to use clipboard monitoring tool that can trigger different actions based on the text loaded to the clipboard.
The rules applied only to text strings loaded to the clipboard.
It is a small and portable utility.

How to use Clipboard Rules
--------------------------------------------
Clipboard Rules is a portable application, there is no install process, just unzip the file to any folder and run it.

Using Clipboard Rules, like all other LeeLu Soft programs, is very simple.

The application starts minimized in the system tray, a click on the Clipboard Rules tray icon will open the main form, a right click on the Clipboard Rules tray icon will open a popup options menu.

To add a rule, click on the "Add Rule..." button, this will open the rules editor.
Here you define the rules, some of the properties are mandatory properties:

- Rule name - this is the rule identifier and it is mandatory.
- Text to trigger rule - this is the text that when loaded to the clipboard will trigger the action rule, this is case sensitive and mandatory.

- Execute a program or batch file - check this checkbox to enable execution when rule is triggered and enter or browse the full path and file name to execute, red text means the file doesn't exists, blue text means files exists.

- Write to a log file - check this checkbox to write a log entry for every time the rule is triggered, enter or browse the full path and file name (will be created if not exists) for a text log file, red text means path doesn't exists, blue text means path exists.

- Open windows explorer in - check this checkbox to open a specific folder when rule is triggered, enter or browse the full path to the selected folder, red text means path doesn't exists, blue text means path exists.

- Replace clipboard text - check this checkbox and enter a new text to replace the clipboard text when a rule is triggered, check the "Append text to clipboard text" checkbox to append the new text to the existing clipboard text.

- Popup a message - check this checkbox to popup a message when a rule is triggered.

- Show desktop alert - check this checkbox to show a desktop alert (same as new mail in outlook) when a rule was triggered.

- Save - rule will add the new rule to the rules list and will clear the edit fields.
- Clear - click to clear the edit fields.
- Exit - to exit the rules editor back to the main form.

Now you can see your new rule on the rules list and it is active.
To edit a rule, double click on it and the Rules editor will open with the rule loaded.
To delete a rule, select it and click "Delete Rule"
To pause a rule, select it and click "Pause rule"
To activate a paused rule, select it and click "Activate rule"
Selecting a rule, will display his status on the status bar.

You can minimize it to tray again by clicking on the "Tray" button.

Clipboard Rules must run (better minimized to tray) in order to trigger actions based on rules.

2. Yankee Clipper - YCX <--> YC3 comparison.
CHS would seem to surpass most of the features of these two.

3. Would it be useful to add the option in CHS to periodically re-establish the clipboard chain?
This is currently done by manual selection as and when the chain breaks.
Since the chain breaking could happen at any time and is outside of the control of CHS, it might be worth considering an option setting to re-establish the chain at variable intervals (e.g., 10mins. or 30mins.)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2011, 07:10 PM »
3. Would it be useful to add the option in CHS to periodically re-establish the clipboard chain?
There is already an option for this in Clipboard tab -- i'll check what the inveral is -- i could add an option to let use set interval.