CHS seems to be working really nicely for me now, and the image support is sometimes exceedingly useful. THANKYOU!
Feedback and suggestions/notes:
See if you can identify what triggers these remaining problems. [sporadic DBISAM errors]
Belated feedback on this: These errors seem to have "gone away".Plus, some interesting notes
:1. Taken from the ReadMe.txt file
of LeeLu Soft's
Clipboard Rules 1.0:
2. Yankee Clipper - YCX <--> YC3 comparison.
Clipboard Rules 1.0 - a freeware by LeeLu Soft 2011
Clipboard Rules is a unique and simple to use clipboard monitoring tool that can trigger different actions based on the text loaded to the clipboard.
The rules applied only to text strings loaded to the clipboard.
It is a small and portable utility.
How to use Clipboard Rules
Clipboard Rules is a portable application, there is no install process, just unzip the file to any folder and run it.
Using Clipboard Rules, like all other LeeLu Soft programs, is very simple.
The application starts minimized in the system tray, a click on the Clipboard Rules tray icon will open the main form, a right click on the Clipboard Rules tray icon will open a popup options menu.
To add a rule, click on the "Add Rule..." button, this will open the rules editor.
Here you define the rules, some of the properties are mandatory properties:
- Rule name - this is the rule identifier and it is mandatory.
- Text to trigger rule - this is the text that when loaded to the clipboard will trigger the action rule, this is case sensitive and mandatory.
- Execute a program or batch file - check this checkbox to enable execution when rule is triggered and enter or browse the full path and file name to execute, red text means the file doesn't exists, blue text means files exists.
- Write to a log file - check this checkbox to write a log entry for every time the rule is triggered, enter or browse the full path and file name (will be created if not exists) for a text log file, red text means path doesn't exists, blue text means path exists.
- Open windows explorer in - check this checkbox to open a specific folder when rule is triggered, enter or browse the full path to the selected folder, red text means path doesn't exists, blue text means path exists.
- Replace clipboard text - check this checkbox and enter a new text to replace the clipboard text when a rule is triggered, check the "Append text to clipboard text" checkbox to append the new text to the existing clipboard text.
- Popup a message - check this checkbox to popup a message when a rule is triggered.
- Show desktop alert - check this checkbox to show a desktop alert (same as new mail in outlook) when a rule was triggered.
- Save - rule will add the new rule to the rules list and will clear the edit fields.
- Clear - click to clear the edit fields.
- Exit - to exit the rules editor back to the main form.
Now you can see your new rule on the rules list and it is active.
To edit a rule, double click on it and the Rules editor will open with the rule loaded.
To delete a rule, select it and click "Delete Rule"
To pause a rule, select it and click "Pause rule"
To activate a paused rule, select it and click "Activate rule"
Selecting a rule, will display his status on the status bar.
You can minimize it to tray again by clicking on the "Tray" button.
Clipboard Rules must run (better minimized to tray) in order to trigger actions based on rules.
CHS would seem to surpass most of the features of these two.3. Would it be useful to add the option in CHS to periodically re-establish the clipboard chain?
This is currently done by manual selection as and when the chain breaks.
Since the chain breaking could happen at any time and is outside of the control of CHS, it might be worth considering an option setting to re-establish the chain at variable intervals (e.g., 10mins. or 30mins.)