ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

V2 Beta of Clipboard Help+Spell With Support for Images

<< < (3/22) > >>

bob99:

could a plug-in be added to CHS that if it sees it is an image, send it to SC?
--- End quote ---

One of the things that i could do is let users tell CHS how and where clipboard images should be stored.

So you could tell CHS, when it detects image data on the clipboard, save it to a file named C:\ScreenshotCaptor\Screenshots\Chs\DATE_TIME.extension
or C:\ScreenshotCaptor\Screenshots\YEAR\MONTH\TIME.extension
etc.
-mouser (March 08, 2011, 03:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

And possibly, (as an option?) allow SC to pop-up and show the image.  Then if you wanted to use any of SC's tools control is passed on to it to continue?

cranioscopical:
this won't be a screenshoting tool, and it won't be a very useful general image database.. this is much more of a dumb image clipboard history feature.  It's primary feature will be to provide access to, and backup for, images you put on the clipboard in the recent past.
-mouser (March 08, 2011, 01:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

:Thmbsup:

IainB:
@mouser: Yes, I vote +1 for this.     :Thmbsup:
When engaged, and a new image is copied to the clipboard, it would be saved in CHS database/images directory, as a standalone file, and an entry added to the clip database referring to this file.
At any time you could manually delete files in the database/images directory without harm; maybe some maintenance functions to help prune the image directory
--- End quote ---
This would be very useful.
I currently use Picasa and SC. If I take a screen capture, and if Picasa is running, then Picasa will intercept it and put the captured image into a defined folder.
I have set SC to use this folder as its default storage location, so all my capturing of images goes into the one bucket.
I use Picasa to manage and delete the contents of the bucket.
If CHS could be pointed to using the same default bucket for its image captures, then that would be great.

tomos:
I voted #2 but would lean towards #1
especially on reading more details

barney:
It's no surprise that my vote for this one is
                                YES              YES               YES

There are any number of image capture programs, but I find it extremely useful to have this feature running under the auspices of a clipboard monitor/manger.
-cranioscopical (March 08, 2011, 01:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm with cranioscopical on this one  :up: :Thmbsup: :up:. 

A significant part (four (4) to six (6) hours) of my daily routine is to collate a number of different clips, which oft include images, into a cohesive document.  Being able to copy/paste included images from the same interface would greatly simplify - and significantly shorten - that task.

I've tried several clipboard managers over the years, but none have been adequate to the needed functionality.  CHS has come closest - with image support it would be near ideal  :-*.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version