ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

V2 Beta of Clipboard Help+Spell With Support for Images

<< < (2/22) > >>

mouser:
Let's remember, this won't be a screenshoting tool, and it won't be a very useful general image database.. this is much more of a dumb image clipboard history feature.  It's primary feature will be to provide access to, and backup for, images you put on the clipboard in the recent past.

superticker:
Just three questions:

* How is the new image features for Clipboard Help+Spell going to be any different from Screenshot Captor?
* Would it make more sense to enhance Screenshot Captor so it would work more like Clipboard Help+Spell for images?
* After enhancements, could COM/OLE calls be added so the two programs could work seamlessly together to manage images?

mouser:
Ok I see there is definitely some confusion here about the nature of image features i am proposing adding to CHS.

I am open to all kinds of ideas, but let me clarify more what *I* envision.

Here's what I don't propose:

* I don't propose to make CHS a tool for managing and browsing images like good image managers,databases do.
* I don't propose to give CHS good features for taking snapshots like Screenshot Captor.
My idea was in line with how i understand most Clipboard tools that work with images do.

That is, simply watch the clipboard for when image data is put on the clipboard -- for example when you select a region in photoshop (or Screenshot Captor or whatever), and copy it to the clipboard.

The idea is that when this happens, when you select an image in any program and hit Ctrl+C to copy it to the clipboard, CHS would save this temporary clipboard image in a local file and record a clip entry for it.

This clip entry would show up in your clipboard history just like the text entries do now.  You will be able to preview it in the grid view, or paste it back into another program using the quick paste menu, just like a test clip.

In other words, images would be handled in just the way text clips are handled now.

bob99:

It would be nice but I voted #2.  I've been using CHS a lot more since yesterday.  Still getting used to it but it's been very helpful with keeping track of my text clips.
And since I realized I can drag and drop an image into SC, rename it and add a note.  Which is what I'd want to do with CHS.
Not sure if it's doable, or the right thought process but could a plug-in be added to CHS that if it sees it is an image, send it to SC?

mouser:
could a plug-in be added to CHS that if it sees it is an image, send it to SC?
--- End quote ---

One of the things that i could do is let users tell CHS how and where clipboard images should be stored.

So you could tell CHS, when it detects image data on the clipboard, save it to a file named C:\ScreenshotCaptor\Screenshots\Chs\DATE_TIME.extension
or C:\ScreenshotCaptor\Screenshots\YEAR\MONTH\TIME.extension
etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version