ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

V2 Beta of Clipboard Help+Spell With Support for Images

(1/22) > >>

mouser:
Ok I may be finally ready to add image support to Clipboard Help+Spell, iff it's something enough people really want.

Since CHS is really focused on handling text clips i recognize that most current users probably don't have image capturing as a top feature need, but i am interested in hearing what people thing about the importance of this feature.  If/when it gets added it will of course be optional.

So, what do you think?

superticker:
... ready to add image support to Clipboard Help+Spell, iff it's something enough people really want.-mouser (March 08, 2011, 11:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

There are two different problems here: (1) Image capture and (2) image archiving/photo album. I would start by creating an image photo album program (with plugins for the different image formats), then add image capture to it later.  I would leave Clipboard Help+Spell out of it.

Another approach would involve changing the name of Clipboard Help+Spell to something with "image clip" in it, then temporarily add the feature only to spin the feature off later into an image archiving program. But this seems like an awkward approach to me.

At any rate, you can always implement COM/DCOM calls (Microsoft OLE) so that both Clipboard Help+Spell and the image archiving program can talk to one another just as MS Word and MS Excel work together as a seamless solution. My only reservation is that the API for COM/OLE is so darn complicated beyond the "standard services," OPEN, PRINT, WRITE.  You almost need a Microsoft architect to design the calling sequences.

mouser:
Here's what i was basically envisioning:

* A new option to tell CHS to monitor the clipboard for when images are copied to clipboard.
* Options for max size of files to save, and max age to save them for.
* When engaged, and a new image is copied to the clipboard, it would be saved in CHS database/images directory, as a standalone file, and an entry added to the clip database referring to this file.
* At any time you could manually delete files in the database/images directory without harm; maybe some maintenance functions to help prune the image directory.
* Selecting a clip in the grid with an image would show the image thumbnail in the main clip view; option to show thumbnails in popup quick paste window.
* Maybe some options for automatically lossily compressing images (or older images).

cranioscopical:
It's no surprise that my vote for this one is
                                YES              YES               YES

There are any number of image capture programs, but I find it extremely useful to have this feature running under the auspices of a clipboard monitor/manger.

rgdot:
"It would be nice to have but it's not that important to me"

The reason for me is the obvious one, I won't need it often. Having said that

When engaged, and a new image is copied to the clipboard, it would be saved in CHS database/images directory, as a standalone file, and an entry added to the clip database referring to this file.
--- End quote ---

can be nice, even turns CHS into a de facto image database

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version