ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DC Member Programs and Projects

Stoic Joker's (File & Folder) Fix When

(1/2) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Application Name Stoic Joker's (File & Folder) Fix When Version 1.0.0.1 Short Description Utility for modifying File or Folder Dates & Attributes Supported OSes Windows NT4/2000/XP/2k3/Vista/2k8/7 Web Page You're on it... ;) Download Link Stoic Joker's (File & Folder) Fix When.zip (326.06 kB - downloaded 1439 times.) Source Code Included System Requirements
* If your computer runs, so will it.Version History
* v1.0 ReleasedAuthor Stoic Joker

Description
One of the in-House (work) projects required me to modify the file dates of several hundred files on a semi-regular basis while a new system was being implemented. Obviously this had to be automated....

All of the then available utilities for this were in the $50 range, so I decided to take a stab at writing my own utility (because I'm cheap and had free time back then).

This actually started as a CodeProject.com code sample which was posted as an example of how to programmatically change file dates. Being that that was exactly what I was looking for, I used it as a starting point, dressed up the GUI, added a few features, and re-factored the existing code to increase the applications speed (x20) dramatically.

Features
Change Created, Modified, and Last accessed dates on a File or Folder.
Change the Read Only, Hidden, or System Attribute on a File or Folder.
Change the above on All Filed & Folders in a given Target Folder.
Bypass (Read Only or System) Attributes to effect changes as necessary.
Will also Display if target File of Folder is (NTFS) Compressed or Encrypted.

Planned Features
This Application has no future plans.

Screenshots

Usage
Installation
Unzip and Run, no installation required.

Using the Application
Just select the target File or Folder and it's current dates and attributes will be displayed. Adjust them to your liking and hit Save Changes.

Uninstallation
Delete it.

Known Issues
None that I've found.

Ath:
Nice, Stoic Joker, kudo's 8)

tomos:
Good one, I can use that :)

cranioscopical:
Thank you!
(A few DC credits coming your way.)

mouser:
Thanks for sharing this  :up:

One feature that might be nice is the ability to filter it to only touch files within a certain date range -- that would make it useful for "fixing" bad file/date timestamps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version