topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:29 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Thank You For Treating Everyone Like a Criminal, Apple  (Read 3576 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Thank You For Treating Everyone Like a Criminal, Apple
« on: March 08, 2011, 02:48 AM »
From an Apple developer email right at the top, first thing:

Pre-release software is Apple Confidential information. Unauthorized distribution of pre-release software or disclosure of information relating to pre-release software (including the distribution of screen shots) may result in immediate termination of your Apple Developer Program membership, and may subject you to both civil and criminal liability.

I love being treated like a criminal. It's so much fun~! I feel like all "Reservoir Dogs" bad-boy and stuff...

Sigh...

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Thank You For Treating Everyone Like a Criminal, Apple
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 03:15 AM »
It has to be said Microsoft have the same rules about pre release disclosure too - its just they have no way to really enforce it as there are too many untraceable ways of getting info out there. I suspect Apple will find it is the same for them (though it would't surprise me if they embed everything about you down to what you had for breakfast in their pre-release stuff to make it traceable.

Interesting article yesterday will have Apple worried - it appears that iPhone is rapidly becoming unhip and only suitable for the over 55s as Android phones starts to win the day (at least in the US). See http://www.windowsit...Phone-for-Good-.aspx Once the older demographic becomes the main market it can only get less and less popular with the younger market (I'm in my 50s and still don't want to look like a granny drooling over a white box).

Its the old MS vs Apple story of the 80s - open systems such as Android vs closed Apple. You'd think at some point some one in Apple HQ would say "Has anyone thought about this ..."

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 03:20 AM »
Microsoft makes you sign an agreement (like Apple does), but doesn't flaunt that in your face. That's the difference. You can be nice and decent, or you can be like Apple.
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 05:21 AM »
Its the old MS vs Apple story of the 80s - open systems such as Android vs closed Apple. You'd think at some point some one in Apple HQ would say "Has anyone thought about this ..."
-Carol Haynes (March 08, 2011, 03:15 AM)
[offtopic]
Isn't it just a matter of which one is cheaper? At least here in Portugal, you can buy an android for like 200€, whereas no ipod costs less than 500€!
[/offtopic]

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 06:47 AM »
Once the older demographic becomes the main market it can only get less and less popular with the younger market (I'm in my 50s and still don't want to look like a granny drooling over a white box).
-Carol Haynes (March 08, 2011, 03:15 AM)

Under the spreading chestnut apple tree
    I sold you and you sold me—

In a way it's kind of funny how Apple portrays itself as being so hip when you consider how they lock down their interface and systems to the point of where they would be safe enough for even a 'locked ward' resident to use.

Maybe 1984 didn't turn out to be like "like 1984." But 2011 easily could if Apple had it's way.

Like Orwell said: WAR IS PEACE - FREEDOM IS SLAVERY - IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Hmm...sure sounds like a business plan to me! (Or an Apple sponsored user event if you've ever seen the crowd's reaction to even the most outrageous statement or claim being made on Apple's behalf. It gets seriously creepy at times...)

Cupertino Prevails!

« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 06:58 AM by 40hz »