I would like to have a program that brings some randomness to my life. It seems rather simple and useful for others too.
This application helps to do something in random order like watching episodes of a film, reading periodical comic strips or accomplishing a to-do-list of actions.
What it should do:
1. Preferable output format is a text file with meaningful name chosen by the user. The file is saved in the application folder. Application should ask for overwriting the file.
Minimum: it contains random numbers, each on the new line.
Maximum: it can contain random numbers in several aligned columns (for convenience, number of columns chosen by user)
2. The program should produce randomness in several formats with range entered by user.
- completely random (integer numbers from A to B)
- random sequence (integer numbers from A to B in mixed order, including all numbers from A to B, no duplicates)
- random date sequence (days from A to B in mixed order, including all days from A to B, no duplicates)
- random date sequence with days of week filter (for example, only Mondays and Wednesdays)
3. There should be an option to leave space for completion marks at the left of the random numbers. I think a nice variant will be a space between square braces:
[ ] 14
[ ] 12
An example implementation can be found online: http://www.random.org/sequences/
- Does not work offline
- Does not work with dates
- No completion marks
- I have to copy data and save files manually
Thanks in advance for all your ideas and efforts.