ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Simple Pop-Up to Advise When XP Boot Process Has Finished

<< < (2/2)

timns:
I think it would be possible to know which services are due to be started, and also which applications. Once the OS reports that all those processes are running, it would be safe to infer the boot has completed. Adding a timeout to this may help to also tell you if something failed to start up in a spritely manner.

Paul Keith:
Thanks for the suggestion of Soluto.  Will load it up to learn more about it but it seems not to apply as I already know what I want my system to do - that is to complete the "boot" and then tell me in some simple message that it has actually done that - completed the boot and its now ready for me to do my thing.
--- End quote ---

It does do this in a simple message. There should be a timer on your lower left hand side when you restart this program.

MilesAhead:
You could also use the approach of using WinPatrol or another utility that has a Startup Delay function.  You could write a simple app using AutoHotKey, vbScript, AutoIt3 or freeBasic for that matter, that displays a MessageBox.  I know AutoIt3 has a time-out function on the MessageBox so it could disappear after a few seconds without having to click it.

Make this app the only one that starts delayed. Unless you are auto starting some big stuff a 30 second delay should be plenty.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version