ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Flexible Fictional Timeline organisation tool

<< < (3/4) > >>

DanielJLewis:
I've been looking around for this same thing, so I thought I would add to the conversation.

I also need a timeline-creation tool that will allow for a fictional timeline. I need to embed this on a website, so it must not use Flash, and it needs to be accessible and searchable.

Dormouse:
Writer's Cafe and Liquid Story Binder both have a timeline component, amongst many features.

wraith808:
Both of those are really cool- but I think the part that is hard (and that none I've seen really solve) is fictional date periods, i.e. a month is 25 days and there are 10 months in a year named whatever.  Is that the problem that we're trying to solve here?  And what other features are we looking at?

Dormouse:
but I think the part that is hard (and that none I've seen really solve) is fictional date periods, i.e. a month is 25 days and there are 10 months in a year named whatever.  Is that the problem that we're trying to solve here? -wraith808 (April 17, 2012, 11:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure about Writer's Cafe, but LSB just works on putting in column headers, so you cn have any system you want. You can also set it up for characters or "link" it with one of the other modules such as a builder or storyboard, depending on what you are trying to use it for. Personally, if I was trying to set up something with a very alternative calendar, I'd probably use a table or spreadsheet. So much depends on what you are trying to do and what sort of tools and views work best for you.

wraith808:
I'm not sure about Writer's Cafe, but LSB just works on putting in column headers, so you cn have any system you want.
-Dormouse (April 17, 2012, 11:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah... but when you're adding days/months/years to events to get other days in the calendaring system, it can get pretty hairy doing that type of manipulation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version