ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: abbreviations importer

<< < (8/16) > >>

rjbull:
You're getting me interested in all sorts of things now!  Speaking of PowerPro, I believe I had tried that.  It's a program I didn't give enough time to.  I found it difficult.
-Harrie (March 08, 2006, 08:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Harrie,

It's not just you.  PowerPro is amazingly powerful, but so hard that it seems like nearly everybody gives up on it.

Abstracting journals - that sounds very interesting.

--- End quote ---

Depends on the journal  ;)

It's called TextSTAT and it's free.

--- End quote ---

Downloaded, yet to be tried.  Thanks!

Gotta check out ColorPilot.  Another good expander is Shorthand for Windows.

--- End quote ---

You personally need the best and can justify the cost of Instant Text, and I doubt you'd now find anything "less" appealing.  However, it would be nice to find the "best at an affordable price" for the rest of us.

AHK: I've seen reviews that say it is "easy."  To me, it isn't easy to learn to program in AHK.

--- End quote ---

I think that's true of all the macro programs I've seen, with the possible exception of one-purpose wonders like the free version of Press That Freakin' Button (PTFB).  Even programs like Macro Express that watch and save your keystrokes and mouse movements, and let you edit them afterwards, are still far from trivial.

Maybe one day I'll talk about ActiveWords!

--- End quote ---

I'll look forward to the review  :)

freeware site, I think it's called Pricelessware, and I think it offers up a lot of older programs, unless I'm mistaking it for another site.

--- End quote ---

That's the place where the usenet group alt.comp.freeware post details of their favourite freeware applications.  From memory, they mention AHK, PTFB. and AllChars in this category.

kimmchii:
hi jgpaiva,
thank you very much for the unicode version.

i have tried it and it still doesnt work. :(

i notice that the tooltip can display the chinese character, but when i press the trigger ";" , it inserts gibberish codes.

jgpaiva:
kimmchii: It seems that ahk doesn't support to send unicode strings.
But it does suport copying unicode characters to the clipboard, for  further pasting.
So, I've adapted the script again, and it's attached to this post.
Please try it and send my your feedback.
It only works in apps that the "paste" command is ctrl+V.

kimmchii:
wow, you rock.  :Thmbsup:

ctrl+V works.

there is one problem, the abbreviation is not being replaced.

for example, if i type abdol then ctrl+V,

i will get abdolabdominal

thanks again.

jgpaiva:
I don't know why that's happening, but it might be related to the way it erases the other characters (by sending the backspace key).
I've changed the way it does that, and let's see if it erases the rest of the words.

.ahk file: http://jgpaiva.dcmembers.com/CS/HotStringScriptCreator/HotStringScriptCreator.ahk
.exe file: http://jgpaiva.dcmembers.com/CS/HotStringScriptCreator/HotStringScriptCreator.exe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version