topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:05 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Mirageman : Brilliant Flick  (Read 2546 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Mirageman : Brilliant Flick
« on: March 06, 2011, 03:39 PM »
Mirageman

When I first watched this film over a year ago, my reaction was mixed.  Having viewed it again the other day I enjoyed it much more. It took a second viewing for the brilliance to sink in.

It's the best example of the "regular guy becomes superhero" genre I've seen.
Lots of laughs.  The actor who played the lead, Marco Zaror, choreographed the fight scenes.

Even though I saw this film before, I was laughing loud and often. The toughest part of being a superhero, assuming you are already a karate master who can kick ass, seems to be getting the costume right.  This flick has the funniest take on it I remember. It also puts a perverted twist on many of the Hollywood clichés found in action flicks.

It was filmed in Chile.  Spanish with English Subs.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 03:41 PM by MilesAhead »

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Mirageman : Brilliant Flick
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 09:59 PM »
Sounds a bit like 'KickAss' and that movie I liked a lot. And as I live in Paraguay (Chile is its neighbor) it should not be too hard to get it...not sure about the subtitles over here in these parts of the world.

Can you tell me if there is a lot of dialogue and/or heavy accents? I have to shamefully admit that my Spanish is not great.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Mirageman : Brilliant Flick
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 02:38 PM »
I usually watch in original language reading the subs(unless it's a schlock flick were the dub is meant to be funny.) I didn't even check out the English sound track. It shouldn't be too hard to follow though. There's not much in the way of plays on words and the action should give context.

I too saw "Kick Ass" but I have to say, I used to object to comics where Superman Batman Hulk only killed people "by accident" like on Star Trek, but that 10 year old remorselessly spiking guys with a lance kind of turned my stomach.  Kind of wonder where they are going with the game violence thing.
Although other than that, the flick was funny.

I prefer Nicolas Cage's "Batman" to most others I've seen. :)