ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Clipboard Help+Spell v1.45 Discussion and notes for Ugraders

<< < (5/5)

oblivion:
A few more observations...

Ordering: doesn't seem to matter how I order clips in the main window, I can't change the order they display in the popup.

Another sort of ordering issue: I've just run through a process that's consisted of copying an id number to the clipboard from an editor, pasting it into an app to look up information relating to it, then pasting back some static info, also from the clip list, once I've confirmed it applies.

If I was doing this in ArsClip, I'd have a list of id numbers going down the list, most recent at the top, with the bit of static text either in position 1 or position 2, depending on whether I'd just pasted it again or copied a new id to the list. CHS allows that bit of static text to gradually move down the list: it's now in position B.

It's not appropriate to make it a favourite, because now I've finished what I was doing, I'll never need it again. Is there any way (or could there be a way) have clips in the New list float to the top of the list so anything that's being repeatedly used stays near the top of the list instead of gradually moving downwards?

I've just discovered that Alt-F, Alt-E etc to open various menus in the main window don't seem to function.

The capture sound is turned off, but plays when I paste from the list and I can't work out where or how to make it stop.

Finally -- but this might be down to Jarte -- pasting a clip with an appended \n into Jarte loses the <cr> regardless. (Ctrl-C to select the original with the <cr> then Ctrl-V to paste it straight out of the clipboard works as expected. However, Notepad++ doesn't experience the same issue, so it's probably just a Jarte thing...?

mouser:
Ordering: doesn't seem to matter how I order clips in the main window, I can't change the order they display in the popup.
--- End quote ---
Set some values for Ordering field on some clips (anything > 0 will bring a clip higher to top then clips with no Ordering value), and then most importantly, make sure you edit the QuickPaste group as shown on the very first post in this thread.

oblivion:
--- End quote ---
Set some values for Ordering field on some clips (anything > 0 will bring a clip higher to top then clips with no Ordering value), and then most importantly, make sure you edit the QuickPaste group as shown on the very first post in this thread.
-mouser (March 09, 2011, 11:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah. Oops.  :-[

mouser:
New users won't have that problem -- i apologize for not doing a smoother path for upgraders.. Perhaps in a month or so after i get everything else added that i want to i can put in some code to make the upgrade changes automatic.

oblivion:
Thanks for the new version, and the newly silent operation!

There are some oddities with hotkeys that I can't pin down, though.

I have ctrl-alt-Z set as the "main window" hotkey. Sometimes it works; sometimes, it shows a popup instead.

I find it difficult to keep track of what hotkeys I'm using for what. Is there any way you could put all the defined hotkeys on one screen -- even if you don't allow modifications?

One specific point: there are two, apparently unsynchronised, places where a hotkey for the Quick Paste group can be set. (In options/hotkeys and the QP group Edit mode.) They seem to do different things, though, and if I set different hotkeys in both places, I get two different results...

Also, while experimenting (to see what, if anything would happen if I set duplicate hotkeys) I set a hotkey for the spelling check, cleared it then set the same hotkey for the CHS main window. As I type this, the hotkey's still doing the spelling check...

...but after exiting and restarting CHS, it's sorted itself out.

This configuration is portable and running under XP.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version