ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Clipboard Help+Spell v1.45 Discussion and notes for Ugraders

<< < (2/5) > >>

mouser:
Im curious to hear how people like the stack (fifo queue) system; i expect it may take a little getting used to.  But one noteable feature of it is that it is non-destructive, and the stack start position can be set before or *after* clips have been copied.  That is, it tracks the position of the pointer in the clip history, so you can set this position any time you want, and popping off one item just advances the position without altering clips -- so you can reset the stack position any time you want.

rgdot:
Will try it and post back, thanks for this mouser

mouser:
Regarding Order, I know it's not nearly as intuitive as a drag and drop system would be -- but drag+drop is not trivial in a database system where clips may be moving around on their own.

So the way ordering works is that every clip has an "Ordering" field.  By default clips are "unordered", with a blank Ordering value equivelent to Ordering = 0.

When a pop-up menu is displayed, clips are sorted by default (see above for upgraders to change their group Ordering sql), with highest Ordering values at top.

So if you want to move a clip higher up, use a higher Ordering value for that clip; want to move it lower, use a lower Ordering value.  These are floating point values so you can use fractional values.  Use negative numbers to put clips below un-ordered clips, positive numbers to put them above.

In practice the only time you will probably ever care about this or have to pay attention to it is in your Favorites group; where you can just set the Ordering values to order the clips as you want.

cranioscopical:
In the quick paste popup, if you hold shift while selecting an item, you will now see a secondary menu for that clip:
-mouser (March 06, 2011, 12:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't see the secondary menu here.
I left click CH+S icon, at the foot of the pop-up menu I see the note about shift-clicking. I select an item, hold shift and click that item, no menu, just pasting the item.
Is there something in the options that I might have turned on/off that might defeat the menu?

Thx

mouser:
ah you just made me realize i only set it up for use with the QUICK PASTE popup menu (triggered by configurable hotkey in options); only crazy people use the system tray menu.  however i will add it to that too now.

to be honest i don't even remember how you use the tray icon menu to select clips to paste, since the previous window loses focus when you access it -- are people using the tray menu to select clips? should i make it behave differently than it does when you use it now?  just testing the normal tray clip menu, i see it tries to put focus back in the last active window or detect when you do and then do a paste.  maybe i should simplify and just have it copy the selected clip to the clipboard instantly, for you to handle as you see fit?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version