topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 6:47 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: A way to use DC products on Android?  (Read 2394 times)

barney

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
A way to use DC products on Android?
« on: March 05, 2011, 09:15 PM »
Well, prolly not the compiled Windows stuff  :), but maybe some of the AutoIt/AutoHotKey stuff?

Just bought a NookColor (Barnes & Noble ebook reader), and saw instructions from Tech Republic to convert to full-blown tablet.  Haven't found a lot of stuff for Android, yet, though.

What got me thinking was Ath's WinButtons for the March Fundraiser:  looked to be handy on the Nook's touch screen when not reading books.  However, my Google-fu is letting me down tonight - just cannot seem to adjust to this new discipline  ;D - so I thought I'd ask if anyone knows of an equivalent to at least those two (2) languages.

Most of the AutoIt/AutoHotKey thingies I've seen here include source, so [presumably/hopefully] all that would be needed would be versions or equivalents of those for Android - I hope? - but nothing to accomplish such a translation has yet evinced itself  :(.  I'm a bit trepidatious about attempting such a translation, but so far I'm saved by lack of opportunity  :D.  Not certain which is more frustrating  :-\  :P.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 09:26 PM by barney »

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: A way to use DC products on Android?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 04:22 AM »
What got me thinking was Ath's WinButtons for the March Fundraiser:  looked to be handy on the Nook's touch screen when not reading books.
That's what got me thinking also, but it could eventually (finally) work out into my first Android project, I've been planning for > 6 months now, ever since I got my Android phone :-[