ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Browser history as a tree/graph

(1/2) > >>

doug-jensen:
It would be extremely valuable to have a visualization of the tree or graph of links that took you from where you chose to start, to where you are now. Sort of like a mind map. The usual chronological or alphabetical linear history list is much less useful.

f0dder:
That's an interesting idea - I wonder if, say, the FireFox history database has enough information to construct that, hmm...

CWuestefeld:
Way back in the beginning of time, IBM's OS/2 Warp operating system shipped with a web browser (sorry, I can't remember its name) that would show your browsing history as an outline.

Paul Keith:
There are tons of extensions like these but most of them are considered spyware and don't get off much traction.

The one off the top of my head is an extension that used to be Flock's top extension but I can't find it now.

Anyway, Google got me here: http://publicmind.in/blog/firefox-extensions-to-improve-history-tools/

Link no longer works though.

That's an interesting idea - I wonder if, say, the FireFox history database has enough information to construct that, hmm...
--- End quote ---

I assume all major browsers do otherwise when you hold unto the back button, you won't have a drop down set of links to go back to the very beginning.

f0dder:
--- End quote ---
I assume all major browsers do otherwise when you hold unto the back button, you won't have a drop down set of links to go back to the very beginning.-Paul Keith (March 04, 2011, 01:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
Unless I misunderstand what you're saying, then that feature is very easy to implement with a stack data structure, which doesn't offer the wanted tree view.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version