ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

<< < (116/156) > >>

RightPaddock:
Thanks Jody,

Ranger Bob:
I can not receive weather updates today in sWeather. I have checked and Yahoo weather is up with no problems but a Refresh does not bring in the weather, it just has NA in the Tray.

tomos:
I can not receive weather updates today in sWeather. I have checked and Yahoo weather is up with no problems but a Refresh does not bring in the weather, it just has NA in the Tray.-Ranger Bob (January 06, 2019, 11:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
see:
Important EOL Notice: As of Thursday, Jan. 3, 2019, the weather.yahooapis.com and query.yahooapis.com for Yahoo Weather API will be retired.
To continue using our free Yahoo Weather APIs, use https://weather-ydn-yql.media.yahoo.com/forecastrss. Contact [email protected] for credentials to onboard to this free Yahoo Weather API service.-worldwide (January 04, 2019, 12:16 AM)
--- End quote ---
:( Should I start looking for a replacement for sWeather ?-RightPaddock (January 04, 2019, 12:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've applied for access to the new API and am waiting to hear back.  If approved, and if I can make sWeather work with the new API, no, you won't have to look for a replacement.  If I cannot get it working with the new API, yes, you will.
-skwire (January 04, 2019, 02:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

skwire:
No word yet from Yahoo!, but I'm sure they've been inundated with API access requests due to these recent changes.  I'll keep you all posted.

dhry:
Just putting this out there, have you considered supporting an alternate weather API such as OpenWeatherMap? I'm not sure if there are any others out there that are free.

Cheers
Dhry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version