Home | Blog | Software | Reviews and Features | Forum | Help | Donate | About us
topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • January 23, 2017, 05:01:48 PM
  • Proudly celebrating 10 years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)  (Read 128272 times)

kevlar_heart42

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)
« Reply #500 on: January 10, 2017, 09:27:16 AM »
Welcome to 2017!

I am having intermittent problems as other have stated: sWeather goes "blank" at times, reporting NO DATA for all locations (even Codyville!). I have found that a few refresh attempts restores the data. As I have no working knowledge of the Yahoo API, I am wondering if the call out (polling) to Yahoo is persistent enough to insure connection. Hey, it's only a weather program (and a fine one too), but it's just a thought.

Many thanks for the effort.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #501 on: January 10, 2017, 09:29:51 AM »
I am having intermittent problems as other have stated: sWeather goes "blank" at times, reporting NO DATA for all locations (even Codyville!).

I've noticed this as well and it's a Yahoo! Weather API issue.   >:(  Unfortunately, I can't do anything about it.    :(

Dogmeat

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #502 on: January 13, 2017, 12:54:41 PM »
I am having intermittent problems as other have stated: sWeather goes "blank" at times, reporting NO DATA for all locations (even Codyville!).

I've noticed this as well and it's a Yahoo! Weather API issue.   >:(  Unfortunately, I can't do anything about it.    :(

Does the auto-refresh timer reset when you manually refresh? The data loads properly when you manually refresh, so thinking maybe the auto-refresh is not waiting long enough for Yahoo (or whatever it is going to be called) to send the requested data? I noticed that there is a very pregnant pause when you manually refresh.

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #503 on: January 13, 2017, 01:08:59 PM »
Well, the Yahoo service has been very flaky for several weeks now, where earlier sWeather just refreshed fine. I'm also hoping that Yahoo gets its act together and just serves the data stable.