ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

<< < (94/156) > >>

skwire:
Is there anywhere else I can find more?-DjPete1959 (June 29, 2016, 02:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

AFAIK, there are none.  Over the years, a couple of user-created themes have been created (Celsius by Zormi and Minicat by Minicat) but I already include those in the download.  If you end up making a theme, send it to me and I'll include it as well.

DjPete1959:
bugger.
I wouldn't know where to start unfort.

skwire:
I wouldn't know where to start unfort.-DjPete1959 (June 29, 2016, 10:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Here's a high-level tutorial:

* Definitely start with a good icon editor.  Personally, I use Greenfish Icon Editor Pro.  Another good one is IcoFX but this software changed from freeware to shareware after version 1.6.4.  You can still find v1.6.4 here on the LFV site: http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/page40.html#IcoFX
* Make a copy of an existing tray temperature theme into a new folder named whatever you want.  Note that the folder name is what will show up in sWeather's options dialog.
* Open sWeather's options dialog and switch to the tray temperature theme name you just created.
* Use your icon editor to open one of the .ICO files within that folder...preferably one near whatever your current temperature is.  Have a play around messing with that .ICO file in the editor.  For the most part, it will be like playing with a basic paint program.  Change the colours, create a new font numeral, etc.  When satisfied, save and overwrite the current .ICO file.
* Bring up sWeather and press F4.  This will display the "Change the weather!?" dialog.  Use the arrow buttons at the bottom to change the temperature to the same degree as the file you modified.  With any luck, you should see your newly modified icon appear in the tray.
* Carry on with the other remaining 199 .ICO files.   :P

DjPete1959:
haha im gunna have a go.
How do I get the numbers to be same centred position for each number especially when you have a minus symbol?
I'm just adding numbers as text straight from the keyboard rather than paint each one..will that work?

DjPete1959:
Actually I see on your default white that they are not all in same position so thats not so important?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version