ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

<< < (92/156) > >>

skwire:
Not sure if my Windows 7 is to blame here ?-armus2112 (June 10, 2016, 04:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, when it comes to programming around the Windows system tray, this can be an absolute exercise in frustration.  One of the first things I do with my Windows 7 systems is turn off that auto-hide feature.  That is, I enable the "Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar" option.  I realise this doesn't help you much but, to manage tray icons, I use PS Tray Factory instead.

armus2112:
Hi Skwire.

I just installed the latest version of sWeather in a fresh virtual Windows 7 machine. The same behavior is exhibited there. The Condition tray icon doesn't retain it's 'Show icon and Notifications' setting. The temperature icon sticks just fine.

I hope this is fixable :) I'm not sure if this is any incentive for you, but I'm willing to donate a decent amount  :Thmbsup:

skwire:
I hope this is fixable-armus2112 (June 10, 2016, 05:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

The problem is that I do not know how to fix it.

armus2112:
I have provided a short video showing the behavior of Weather Watcher Live. In the Windows 7 Notification Customize settings, you can see that there are 2 entries , one for temp, one for condition. Upon changing the setting for one, the setting for the other changes to the same setting. With sWeather, they are treated separately. Maybe this can help you. Maybe they are using a trick to register two notification icons with the same attributes somehow (I'm a developer, but not Windows).

https://youtu.be/yYXroVGfUj0

DjPete1959:
Hi Skwire.

I just installed the latest version of sWeather in a fresh virtual Windows 7 machine. The same behavior is exhibited there. The Condition tray icon doesn't retain it's 'Show icon and Notifications' setting. The temperature icon sticks just fine.

I hope this is fixable :) I'm not sure if this is any incentive for you, but I'm willing to donate a decent amount  :Thmbsup:
-armus2112 (June 10, 2016, 05:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
I am running Win 7 64bit and do not have this issue.
Both icons STAY showing in tray for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version