ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

<< < (75/156) > >>

skwire:
Hi, finchley, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.   :)

Since early this morning (about 1am 25 Mar 16) sWeather is running but it isn't accessing the weather server.  Is something up with the server or is Windows blocking it (on my end).  I've updated to the latest and the behavior is the same.  If the problem is on my end someone is going to have to guide me on how to fix it since I am not that IT-savvy. -finchley (March 25, 2016, 09:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

https://developer.yahoo.com/weather/

Apologies for this; it's not your fault.  Unfortunately, Yahoo have changed their Weather API that sWeather uses.  I'll try to find some time to update sWeather to work with the new API.

chance of sun:
Seeing the same problem as finchley, except for me, it started 2-3 days ago.
Upgraded to v1.5.8 build 1, but no joy.
Just stumbled on the website message posted yesterday.

Any plans to move to a different provider/API? Curious what the advantage is to using Yahoo, especially since their data/detail isn't as good as other services.

skwire:
Hi, chance of sun, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.   :Thmbsup:

Any plans to move to a different provider/API? Curious what the advantage is to using Yahoo, especially since their data/detail isn't as good as other services.-chance of sun (March 26, 2016, 08:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

No plans currently.

The problem is that a lot of the other sites' "free" API access limits the number of total API calls per hour/day, etc.  Though I have no real data to back it up, sWeather seems pretty popular, and I fear that it would exceed most sites' free API limits.  An option is to pay ($$$) for more API access but I don't get near enough donations to cover using a pay tier for most sites' APIs.

Yahoo!'s API is free, easy to work with (until now, sorta), and they never seemed to have an API call limit issue with sWeather.  They recently changed things so that I have to use OAuth (pain in the ass) to access an entirely different API than what sWeather was using beforehand. 

Which service did you have in mind?

skwire:
I've just updated sWeather to v1.5.9 which should support Yahoo!'s new weather API.  Please download and test.

Website | Download
v1.5.9 - 2016-03-27
    * Updated sWeather to work with new Yahoo! Weather API.
    + Added Yahoo! logo as per new API's attribution guidelines:
      https://developer.yahoo.com/attribution/
    ! Fixed non-working "Full forecast" links.
    ! Fixed cursor when hovering over buttons and links.
    ! Right-click copy data now includes days 6-10 of the extended forecast.

AzureToad:
I've just updated sWeather to v1.5.9 which should support Yahoo!'s new weather API.  Please download and test.
-skwire (March 27, 2016, 11:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Works great for me! Thank you for the dedication and hard work you've put into this - I really appreciate it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version