ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)

<< < (65/156) > >>

mike000:
Yahoo weather API has been returning random old invalid data for over 3 weeks now.
I am surprised more here have not noticed.  It has effected many apps in IOS and
Pebble watch, etc.  Sometimes the API will return the current temp - but most times
it returns a temp from sometime in the last week or so.  Ideally we should be looking
at another API such as maybe Weather Underground's API - as Yahoo has basically
been ignoring the problem.   

Also I can only assume many havent noticed it here because they must live in a place
where the temp doesnt change much??  If you look at the timestamp of the temp
received after doing a refresh - you will see it is data from days ago more often than not.

tomos:
Ideally we should be looking
at another API such as maybe Weather Underground's API
-mike000 (November 24, 2015, 12:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

if that were possible it would be Wunderful :)
(seriously)

Shades:
From earlier news posts I gathered that the state of current (US owned/operated) weather satellites is dire as they are old and failing. From that post I also understood that no-one is willing or able to spring for new ones.

So, for once, it could be possible that Yahoo isn't to blame for the rubbish data they provide  :P

mike000:
As of this morning it is finally working okay now - apparently Yahoo finally fixed it?

offroad:
yes everything seems to be functioning for now.  Cant argue with free application data stream, so no real complaint about this service.  Guess all those weather stations that must have the data synced every few minutes, and the communication protocols can get scrambled from time to time to receive at Yahoo.

Just glad its working for a while longer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version