Home | Blog | Software | Reviews and Features | Forum | Help | Donate | About us
topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • December 11, 2017, 08:55 PM
  • Proudly celebrating 10 years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)  (Read 169419 times)

Contro

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Release: sWeather (tray-based weather app)
« Reply #525 on: July 22, 2017, 04:04 PM »
Trying with Santa Cruz de Tenerife.

:-* :P

I got it I got it !!!!!!!!!
Wonderful indeed !

sWeather from Skwire

http://imagizer.imag...g923/1164/h1aiBh.png
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 04:11 PM by Contro »

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #526 on: July 22, 2017, 04:22 PM »
I'm glad you find it useful, Contro.   :)

Santa Cruz de Tenerife

Beautiful part of the world.  =]   :Thmbsup:

shin_hibiki

• Participant
  • Joined in 2017
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #527 on: October 02, 2017, 11:28 PM »
Hi, please forgive the noobness.  In looking for a new tray app, I found some recommendations for this one.  Unzipped it, tried to search for a location, and... nothing happens.  Is it broken?  Is my brain just broken?  It looks so straightforward!

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #528 on: October 03, 2017, 12:08 AM »
Hi, please forgive the noobness.  In looking for a new tray app, I found some recommendations for this one.  Unzipped it, tried to search for a location, and... nothing happens.  Is it broken?  Is my brain just broken?  It looks so straightforward!

sWeather works fine for me under Windows 7.  Which operating system are you using?  Also, if you're running it from a UAC-protected folder, try running it as admin (or running it from a non-UAC-protected folder).

shin_hibiki

• Participant
  • Joined in 2017
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #529 on: October 03, 2017, 10:57 PM »

sWeather works fine for me under Windows 7.  Which operating system are you using?  Also, if you're running it from a UAC-protected folder, try running it as admin (or running it from a non-UAC-protected folder).

UAC seems to have been the problem there.  Unfortunately, it still won't "Start with Windows" despite the option being checked.  (Win7-64, BTW.)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #530 on: October 03, 2017, 11:59 PM »
You might have to create your own shortcut to sWeather.exe and manually move it to your Startup folder.

shin_hibiki

• Participant
  • Joined in 2017
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #531 on: October 04, 2017, 12:46 AM »
Looks like I got it now.  Deleted and re-created the config files and whatnot just in case.  Looking forward to using it--now to install it on my other machine!   :Thmbsup:

LEDAdd1ct

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #532 on: November 23, 2017, 09:44 AM »
Hello!  Thank you so much for this awesome program. 

It is so lightweight and nimble!

I wanted to ask a few questions:

1)  Is it correct that Yahoo! only updates the weather in the data that feeds this utility once every hour?

2)  I would like to dedicate a computer to use this program 100% of the time and show this information. 

a)  In the mornings, the monitor would come out of idle and power on, probably between 5:30 A.M. and 8:00 A.M. while getting ready for work, and again in the evenings from 5:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M.

b)  I would love it if there was the ability to make this program fill the entire screen, with all the texts/fonts/little icon graphics resizing dynamically as you increase its size, or, simply making a "full screen option" where the exact same data fills the screen, just much, much larger so that you can see it from far away, across the whole room. 

c)  Would this be a difficult feature to add?  It's so, so very clean and simple.  Making this fill the screen would be amazing!

Thank you for all your hard work!  :-)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #533 on: November 23, 2017, 02:26 PM »
1)  Is it correct that Yahoo! only updates the weather in the data that feeds this utility once every hour?

Yes.  Some locations, it's once every two hours.   >:(

b)  I would love it if there was the ability to make this program fill the entire screen, with all the texts/fonts/little icon graphics resizing dynamically as you increase its size, or, simply making a "full screen option" where the exact same data fills the screen, just much, much larger so that you can see it from far away, across the whole room. 

c)  Would this be a difficult feature to add?  It's so, so very clean and simple.  Making this fill the screen would be amazing!

Yes, it would require quite a bit of code to do that plus the icons and such would not scale well at all.  It might be easier to find another weather app that is more geared toward full-screen usage.  Ghacks had an article a while back with a few that might fit the bill for you.

https://www.ghacks.n...rograms-for-windows/

Weather Channel Desktop and YoWindow, in particular.

LEDAdd1ct

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #534 on: November 24, 2017, 08:40 AM »
Thank you!  :-)

I will check those out.