ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Error EX4: DBISAM Engine Error #11013

<< < (8/18) > >>

mouser:
Now why did it just start up several days ago when I had been running v2.3.1 since early August without telling MSE to exclude that folder?
--- End quote ---

Well this is actually an interesting clue..

I changed where the temporary database files were being stored after version 2.03.01, from the operating system temp directory to the Temp subdirectory of database.  I changed it specifically to avoid these antivirus locking files problems.  And it seemed to work.. But maybe for some antivirus tools it has opposite effect?!?!?

Let me make it an option, and let's see if that might cure it for you -- if so i'll have to figure out the best way forward in general.. stay tuned for new update..

ps.
Thank you again for having the patience to help me track down these bugs.. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be.  I've said it before but i'll say it again -- for every one person who takes the time to report a bug like this, there have to be 10 or 20 who experience it and just uninstall the software in disgust.  So i really really appreciate your time.

mouser:
Ok can you try the newest alpha, and go to the tweaks page and see if changing the new setting for where temporary DB files are kept is any help:

NOTE: You must exit and restart the program after changing this value to have it take effect.

spknapp:
Just starting up my PC this morning I was greeted with:

Left-clicking the tray icon gave me:

Right-clicking and bringing up the main window worked, but the window didn't look right, so I closed out CH+S. Then I downloaded and installed your "5:23AM" update and applied the tweak for the temp directory. It seems quiet for now. I even removed the exclude entry from MSE and it seems to be behaving (for now). It even let me use the "Snipping Tool" without barfing. I am going to shutdown and restart my PC to see if the startup error from CH+S goes away. I'll report back on it's behavior. FYI - here's a shot of the statistics:

Maybe you're on to something here...

mouser:
Very interesting.. fingers crossed.

deepskytraveler:
Just downloaded and tried your latest alpha using the system directory tweak. Didn't get any errors while working in the grid. However whenever I try to capture something in the clipboard I now get the following error.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version