ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Error EX4: DBISAM Engine Error #11013

<< < (7/18) > >>

cranioscopical:
On W764 I have CH+S open at its main window and then minimized and ALSO totally inaccessible. The only way out is to kill it off.

It looks as if part (but only part) of the problem might be tied into the 'can't make modal visible' issue, some sort of offshoot of which could be why I can't get CH+S to show up at all — other than on the task bar.

mouser:
ps ive uploaded yet another alpha build with another tiny tweak, in case this might help fix the locking error (unlikely).

mouser:
chris can you elaborate -- im not understanding your problem or if its related to database issue or if its new or what triggers it or..

i think maybe you have an issue with a modal window bug that can happen if the options are showing and you trigger hide and show of main window.

to confirm this: next time it happens use alt+Tab to reselect Clipboard help+spell, and see if it fixes showing the options dialog on top again.

(let's try to leave this thread for the evil soul crushing database errors)

spknapp:
I've loaded your "latest" (9:30PM) version and it seems quiet for now anyway - with MSE real-time turned off. Here's answers to some of your questions:

Here's another thing I'd like you to look for:  If you go to C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\DonationCoder\Clipboard Help+Spell\Database\Temp
do you see numbered files in that directory? Like "123456.dat"?
--- End quote ---
Yes

Also, can you try this:
From Layouts menu choose "Standard", and then take a screenshot and post it -- i want to see if you have the proper groups tree.
--- End quote ---

Run it and go to options and then the last "Statistics" tab, and screenshot that and post screenshot.  That will now tell us something.
--- End quote ---

Bingo! When I turn MSE real-time back on I start getting DBISAM access denied errors. I added C:\Users\Steve\Documents\DonationCoder to the MSE exclude list and CH+S seems to be behaving itself. Now why did it just start up several days ago when I had been running v2.3.1 since early August without telling MSE to exclude that folder?

Bizarreness...

spknapp:
Oops, spoke too soon - I just got this doing a <Ctrl>-C:

and

I had to kill it with Task Manager/Process Explorer (SysInternals utility)

On to your requests...
exit program and restart it.

(stop as soon as you see any error when performing steps below):

give it a second or two to start up -- does it show balloon messages about starting up and being ready?
--- End quote ---
It never has shown any balloon messages about starting up and "Show Startup Tray Messages" is checked. Now on restarting it gives me

and

and

and

and

ok now right-click on the icon and choose "show main window"

does the main window show ok? and no errors yet?
--- End quote ---
Yes

if so, go to menu View->Options and then "Backup/Maintenance" tab, and click the "Now" button located at top middle.

any errors yet?
--- End quote ---
OK for now. I can backup, restore, and verify the database without errors. (for now)

FYI

And creating that caused

and

I was using the Windows 7 "Snipping Tool" to create that Statistics print for you. I'm feeling a pattern here....

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version