topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:47 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Error EX4: DBISAM Engine Error #11013  (Read 74050 times)

laymanmarcus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Error EX4: DBISAM Engine Error #11013
« on: March 02, 2011, 09:44 AM »
When trying to install Clipboard Help & Spell on my PC at work (Windows 7) I got the following message on startup:

Error EX4: DBISAM Engine Error #11013 Access denied to table or backup file 'ClipTable'

Whenever I click on the CH+S icon in the system tray this error also appears and each time does so twice.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Marc D.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Error EX4: DBISAM Engine Error #11013
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 10:47 AM »
Is it a new install and did you use the installer?
Can you get into the program options dialog?

EDIT 4/23/15 - SUMMARY OF ISSUE DISCUSSED BELOW:

If you get an error like "DBISAM Engine Error #11013" there are two possible causes:
An antivirus/security tool blocking CHS access to it's database file.
The CHS configuration/database files being on a network drive.

For more information see: https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=25938.0

SOLUTION 1: Add the CHS \Database and Database\Temp directory to your antivirus exclusion list so that your antivirus engine does not lock these files.

These directories will be in your config directory for CHS, which is located by default:
on Windows Vista and Win 7: \My Documents\DonationCoder\ClipboardHelpAndSpell\Database\ and \My Documents\DonationCoder\ClipboardHelpAndSpell\Database\Temp\
on Windows XP and earlier: \Program Files\ClipboardHelpAndSpell\Database\ and \ProgramFiles\ClipboardHelpAndSpell\Database\Temp\

SOLUTION 2: Add CHS to the allowed list of your security application.

SOLUTION 3: If your documents are stored on a network drive, edit the ConfigDir.ini file in your C:\Program Files x86\ClipboardHelpAndSpell directory, and set the configuration path to a local directory.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 10:28 AM by mouser »

laymanmarcus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 11:15 AM »
Yes, used the installer.
Yes, I can get into options / preferences.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 11:33 AM »
Try pressing the "View or Repair Database" button on the "Backup/Maintenance" tab of options:
Screenshot - 3_2_2011 , 11_32_12 AM.png

laymanmarcus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 04:45 PM »
I tried that and it generated another error. Tomorrow I will also try to do a complete uninstall and reinstall and see if that helps.  If it does the same, I can get the error that comes up when I try to repair database and send it along.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 04:50 PM »
complete uninstall wont help, but what will is if you simply exit and delete your database files for CHS.
but it would help to know the error you get when you run a repair.

laymanmarcus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 08:51 AM »
OK.. More info. Did the reinstall and still didn't work, but have the progression of errors .
Error 1: When launching the program

Error EX4: DBISAM Engine Error #11013 Access denied to table or backup file 'ClipTable'

Error 2: After clearing the first error

Error DB65: DBISAM Engine Error #11010 Table or backup file 'GroupTable' does not exist

Error 3: After attempting Verify/Restore backup.

<Same error as Error #2>

Error 4: When exiting the program

TableClips: Field 'Index' not found

I checked in the Backup and Database directory and all that was there were the "Read Me" files, which explains why it can't find these files, but not sure about why there is nothing there.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 11:39 AM »
the consensus seems to be that this is caused by interference with the database engine temporary files by an antivirus program.

what operating system and antivirus program do you guys use?

(could also be caused by realtime backup software?)

a solution might be to exclude the database directory from scanning or move it.

now, if the database file has in fact been corrupted by this, you will have to exit CHS and delete the CHS\database files and restart.  these files are in the my documents\donationcoder\chs\database directory on windows vista/win7 or in the program files\chs directory on winxp.

Christian.Eitner

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 03:01 AM »
I'm on Win XP Professional and I am forced to use Trend Micro OfficeScan (company policy). I have tried to add CHS as an exception (trusted program), but I cannot exclude the Database directory.

I quit CHS, deleted everything in the Database folder, restarted, and the error reappeared on the first copy action.  :(

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 03:11 AM »
Let's try telling CHS to save its database in your MyDocuments directory instead of in program files and see if that makes your antivirus program happy.

Do this:
  • Exit CHS
  • Edit the ConfidDir.ini file in the CHS program directory and remove the // in front of // CONFIGDIR = %MYDOCUMENTS% so that the line says CONFIGDIR = %MYDOCUMENTS%
  • Then restart CHS

See if that helps -- it should cause CHS to store its database in your MyDocuments directory which may satisfy your antivirus program, OR at least let you exclude that new database directory.

JesusInsideMe

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 01:02 AM »
Hi mouser, I think is better to continue write in this topic, I followed this topic till its end and I didn't find the solution to this big error, I have the exactly error messages explained in this topic, so, as Supporting Member I would want to receive your good support to fix them
PCERROR_CBHS_ErrorWhenBIDE-AntivirusIsOn07-2Pics.png
PCERROR_CBHS_ErrorWhenBIDE-AntivirusIsOn06.png
PCERROR_CBHS_ErrorWhenBIDE-AntivirusIsOn05.png
PCERROR_CBHS_ErrorWhenBIDE-AntivirusIsOn04.png
PCERROR_CBHS_ErrorWhenBIDE-AntivirusIsOn02.png
PCERROR_CBHS_ErrorWhenBIDE-AntivirusIsOn01.png

I did "ALL" your suggested steps here... all unsuccessfully! :(
I have W7 64b Ultimate edition and BitDefender Total Security
God bless you, bye.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 01:14 AM by JesusInsideMe »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 07:51 AM »
I wonder if BitDefender is the common theme..

Have you added the C:\Documents\DonationCoder\ClipboardHelpAndSpell\Database directory to the bitdefender exclusion list?

It may be a temporary file that the program is having trouble reading and not in the same directory-- maybe i can force it to save in same directory to fix the problem.

JesusInsideMe

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 01:50 AM »
Yes that step was done previously my last post.
...I hope in Christ you'll receive/find the cure to this fatal error.
God bless you mouser, bye.

spknapp

• Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2011, 12:08 PM »
I, too, have all of a sudden started receiving tons of errors after running 2.3.1 fine for some time.

When I click on the tray icon, click on "U - All clips", click on "5- Virtual folders", click on "2- Clips with images" I get "Error DB25: DBISAM Engine error #11949 SQL Parsing error - Expected column name but instead found Modifactionate Time in SELECT SQL statement at line 1, column 220" and then "DBISAMQueryClipHelper: Cannot perform this operation on an open dataset" every time.

Other errors I get at various and sundry times are:

"Error DBISAM Engine Error #11013 Access denied to table or backup file '41320'" (sometimes 53720) and when I click OK I get "Error EX27: Operation aborted" then sometimes I get the 41320 again.

"DBISAM Engine Error #11051 Filter error for the table 'ClipTable' - Expected expression but instead found ) in filter expression in line 1, column 6"

"Error DB65: DBISAM Engine Error #11013 Access denied to table or backup file '76040'"
"Error DB65: DBISAM Engine Error #11013 Access denied to table or backup file '72800'"
"Error DB65: DBISAM Engine Error #11013 Access denied to table or backup file '72801'"
"Error DB65: DBISAM Engine Error #11013 Access denied to table or backup file '81360'"

"Error DB65: DBISAM Engine error #11989 SQL parsing error - Expected expression but instead found ) in SELECT statement at line 1, column 148"

Sometimes when I click on the tray icon and click on "W - Show main window" I get "Error DBISAM Engine error #11013 Access denied to table or backup file '8601'"

I have tried uninstalling, deleting the program folder, deleting the C:\Users\Steve\Documents\DonationCoder folder, changing the ConfigDir.ini setting of CONFIGDIR=%MYDOCUMENTS% (which didn't change anything BTW),  used registry editor to delete all references to "ClipboardHelp" or "Clipboard Help", then reinstalling; I have tried upgrading from 2.3.1 to 2.6.1; all I get now are errors. Clicking on "Verify or Repair Database.." does nothing. I can usually backup and restore the database (sometimes with nothing seeming to happen e.g. no error pops up nor any confirmation message). I must have some sort of permission problem somewhere but I don't know where?

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate with 4GB RAM on an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz CPU and I'm running Microsoft Security Essentials. I was running CH&S v2.3.1 until upgrading this morning to 2.6.1 (hoping that would fix some errors?).

I really liked using this product but i doesn't work for me anymore. I hope you can help?

Thanks,
Steve
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 12:14 PM by spknapp »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 12:18 PM »
Hi Steve,

Ok so let's try to start with a clean slate.  Don't worry about registry entries, but let's delete the files.

So delete the contents of c:\program Files X86\ClipboardHelpAndSpell
and C:\Users\Steve\Documents\DonationCoder\ClipboardHelpAndSpell

if you don't find that latter directory, let me know -- it should be something like that.

If you have old database of clips you need to preserve, back up those directories first.

Ok so after removing those, install the most recent stable version of Clipboard Help+Spell:
https://www.donation...elpAndSpellSetup.exe

(or the more recent alpha release: https://www.donation...elpAndSpellSetup.exe)

---

Then let's see if it could be related to microsoft security essentials, so either disable that temporarily, OR
add the following to the list of folders it should exclude from scanning:
C:\Program Files X86\ClipboardHelpAndSpell
and C:\Users\Steve\Documents\DonationCoder\ClipboardHelpAndSpell

And then start CHS, and let me know if you get any errors.

If not, then you can try turning Microsoft Security Essentials back on and see if the errors come back.

Let me know. (you can also email me at [email protected]).

spknapp

• Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 06:35 PM »
Have you ever had one of those moments where all of a sudden it hits you like a Mack truck? Well ... as I was typing in my reply and watching my spelling be automatically corrected (because I was laughing at it having questions about words like ConfigDir, DBISAM and QueryClipHelper), it dawned on me that part of the name of this product is **SPELL**, but CH+S wasn't doing my real-time spell checking. On Thursday I had installed "Speckie", a real-time spell checker. Those two boys apparently don't get along. So I uninstalled CH+S, Speckie, and IESpell, made sure all their respective program folders were gone, deleted C:\Users\Steve\Documents\DonationCoder, remove any stray registry references to the three spell checkers I had just uninstalled, rebooted my PC, and finally resintalled CH+S v261.

But, I'm still getting errors. I am still getting the errors when I click on the tray icon, click on "U - All clips", click on "5- Virtual folders", click on "2- Clips with images" I get "Error DB65: DBISAM Engine error #11949 SQL Parsing error - Expected column name but instead found Modifactionate Time in SELECT SQL statement at line 1, column 220" then when I click <OK> sometimes I get: "DBISAMQueryClipHelper: Cannot perform this operation on an open dataset." I don't get an error if I am in the main window and in the tree click on "Clips with Images", though.

I can save and restore database, and sometimes even verify databases. When I click on "Verify or Repair Database" sometimes I get: "DBISAM Engine Error #11013 Access denied to table or backup file 'ClipTable'".

I got this once when doing (for this post) some <Ctrl>C or <Ctrl>X work: "Error DB65: DBISAM Engine error #11013 Access denied to table or backup file '4201'" then "Error EX63: Operation aborted".

Oh, and it didn't make any difference whether MSE real-time monitor was on or off.

What's next, boss?

Thanks,
Steve

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 06:42 PM »
does the error really say "Modifactionate"?

when you ran chs for the first time, are the clip folders all empty?  i'm trying to understand if it really did reset your files or if it left over old data we didn't delete somehow.

spknapp

• Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 07:15 PM »
does the error really say "Modifactionate"?
Heh, heh... Yes it really says "Modificationate".
when you ran chs for the first time, are the clip folders all empty?
Yes, like I said I:
made sure all their respective program folders were gone, deleted C:\Users\Steve\Documents\DonationCoder
I'm flummoxed?

Thanks,
Steve

deepskytraveler

• Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 09:32 PM »
Hi. Unbelievably I've run into almost the same series of DBISAM errors as spknapp has reported. CHS 2.6.1 had been running fine for me until today. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit with AVAST anti-virus. No known changes to my configuration other than an regular anti-virus signature update. I've followed most of the recommendations you suggested to spknapp. Uninstalled with Revo Uninstaller to be sure everything was cleared out. Double checked to be sure all the relevant directories were deleted. Then reinstalled with 2.09.01. Encountered more DBISAM errors right away and then CHS went into an address exception loop requiring me to terminate it with Task Manager.

The database does not appear in the folder C:\Program File\Clipboard Help+Spell\Database. Where is it? Everything I did to assure it was deleted didn't work because it is still showing the clips I've taken and not deleted.

Mark

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 09:50 PM »
Mark, are you also using Microsoft Security Essentials?

On Windows 7 the database will under the directory:
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\DonationCoder\Clipboard Help+Spell

Ok i've found the bug with the virtual image clip folder -- my stupid mistake - fixing now.

But i don't think that should have any bearing on any other errors.. frustrating..

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 10:04 PM »
Ok guys so see if this fixes the ridiculous error about "Modifactionate":
https://www.donation...elpAndSpellSetup.exe

Assuming yes, let's resume the hunt for the remaining errors -- let me know what other errors you get now with this version.

I apologize for the frustration and appreciate your help tracking these bugs down and exterminating them.

deepskytraveler

• Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2011, 10:15 PM »
No, I'm not running Microsoft Security Essentials. Would the data from the access violation that loops following one or more DBISAM errors be of value to you?

Mark

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2011, 10:23 PM »
I suspect only the first error is of any real import -- the rest *probably* just reflect the cascade of problems caused by the first.

spknapp

• Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2011, 11:12 PM »
Ok guys so see if this fixes the ridiculous error
Yeah, I don't get that error any more, but everytime I left-click on the tray icon I get the
Capture.JPG

I also see a lot of
Capture2.JPG

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2011, 11:30 PM »
bizzarre.

let's try to narrow things down a bit.  exit program and restart it.

(stop as soon as you see any error when performing steps below):

give it a second or two to start up -- does it show balloon messages about starting up and being ready?

no errors yet?

ok now right-click on the icon and choose "show main window"

does the main window show ok? and no errors yet?

if so, go to menu View->Options and then "Backup/Maintenance" tab, and click the "Now" button located at top middle.

any errors yet?