ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Error EX4: DBISAM Engine Error #11013

<< < (11/18) > >>

mouser:
ok im going to have a new version for you to test soon.

rjbull:
i really wish i had never used the dbisam database engine in this program, it has been nothing but trouble.-mouser (October 12, 2011, 08:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know anything from the programmer's point of view, but I've never seen CHS lose or mangle any data it had captured.  Hence I'd rate the engine as sound from the users' point of view.

mouser, would it be a workaround to install CHS as portable rather than installed "normally?"  Would that put the temp directory somewhere less sensitive to AV programs?  And, is there an easy way to make the CHS SFX archive able to install as portable without having to remember to edit the INI file before first use?  I don't know about recent versions of WinRAR, but DOS RAR came with a "mini batch language" for making installations.  For the INI file, you'd just have to make it choose between a standard and portable?

mouser:
I have actually thought about packing the zip-compatible installs in a way such that if you unpacked the files, it would start by default in portable mode -- i should do that.

As for the other thing -- unfortunately it doesn't look like running portably helps this weird locked database file problem..

cranioscopical:
I have actually thought about packing the zip-compatible installs in a way such that if you unpacked the files, it would start by default in portable mode -- i should do that.

As for the other thing -- unfortunately it doesn't look like running portably helps this weird locked database file problem..
-mouser (October 13, 2011, 02:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

I had the locked database stuff a couple of times. I'm going now to avoid it like the plague — a sure trigger for disaster.

mouser:
Mark and spknapp,

Can you download the latest alpha and give that a whirl?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version