ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Error EX4: DBISAM Engine Error #11013

<< < (6/18) > >>

spknapp:
First time starting it up after install I get

When I bring up the main window it looks like this
[attach=#2][/attach]

So I exit and restart it

does it show balloon messages about starting up and being ready?
--- End quote ---

No, it never has

no errors yet?
--- End quote ---

None yet

ok now right-click on the icon and choose "show main window"

does the main window show ok?
--- End quote ---

Yes

and no errors yet?
--- End quote ---

Not yet

I just got this doing a <Ctrl>-C composing this message

Followed by

if so, go to menu View->Options and then "Backup/Maintenance" tab, and click the "Now" button located at top middle.

any errors yet?
--- End quote ---

That was OK. I can also restore that backup OK, and when I click "Verify or Repair Database" it doesn't error.

Bizzare indeed...

Thanks,
Steve

mouser:
All of these weird errors seem to be blossoming from one core problem -- it's having trouble saving temporary database files.

I appreciate your patience.. We'll figure this out if you are willing to stick with me and keep enduring all of this annoyance of testing..

Here's another thing i'd like you to look for:  If you go to C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\DonationCoder\Clipboard Help+Spell\Database\Temp
do you see numbered files in that directory? Like "123456.dat"?

The last time we encountered this kind of problem it seemed to be due to the program trying to create temporary files and security software on the pc blocking it from accessing the newly created files.. but creating them in that directory *should* have solved the problem.  Can you try adding that directory to your antivirus exclusion list?

Also, can you try this:
From Layouts menu choose "Standard", and then take a screenshot and post it -- i want to see if you have the proper groups tree.

Are you running as an administrator account? If not can you try that and see what happens?

And one more thing to try:

Download again newest alpha: https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/clipboardhelpandspell/downloads/alpha/ClipboardHelpAndSpellSetup.exe
Install it on top of previous version is fine.
Run it and go to options and then the last "Statistics" tab, and screenshot that and post screenshot.  That will now tell us something.

(ps. There is a tiny chance the newest alpha will solve the problem -- fingers crossed!)

deepskytraveler:
Tried the newest alpha version. Since there were no clips that I had to retain I deleted all the files in the database folder before reinstalling. Also added the database temp folder as an exclusion in my antivirus software per your suggestion. Installed and started up without incident. Went through a quick sequence of copy operations for how I am using CHS. So far so good - no DBISAM errors! Will be working with it some more over the next few hours and will let you know if I encounter any issues.

Mark

deepskytraveler:
Was capturing a few more clips. Then I clicked on a clip in the grid captured earlier today I got the following error.

Error DB44: DBISAM Engine Error #10258 Cannot lock record in the table 'Clip Table'

Mark

mouser:
what on earth is going on..  :(
i really thought this had solved it.  i really wish i had never used the dbisam database engine in this program, it has been nothing but trouble.

can you figure out a sequence of operations that can reliably reproduce this error? after you make the error go away can you do other things?

can you take a screenshot of or post the first few lines in the Statistics tab of options.

also can you take a screenshot of your main CHS window?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version