ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Error EX4: DBISAM Engine Error #11013

(1/18) > >>

laymanmarcus:
When trying to install Clipboard Help & Spell on my PC at work (Windows 7) I got the following message on startup:

Error EX4: DBISAM Engine Error #11013 Access denied to table or backup file 'ClipTable'

Whenever I click on the CH+S icon in the system tray this error also appears and each time does so twice.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Marc D.

mouser:
Is it a new install and did you use the installer?
Can you get into the program options dialog?

EDIT 4/23/15 - SUMMARY OF ISSUE DISCUSSED BELOW:

If you get an error like "DBISAM Engine Error #11013" there are two possible causes:
An antivirus/security tool blocking CHS access to it's database file.
The CHS configuration/database files being on a network drive.

For more information see: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=25938.0

SOLUTION 1: Add the CHS \Database and Database\Temp directory to your antivirus exclusion list so that your antivirus engine does not lock these files.

These directories will be in your config directory for CHS, which is located by default:
on Windows Vista and Win 7: \My Documents\DonationCoder\ClipboardHelpAndSpell\Database\ and \My Documents\DonationCoder\ClipboardHelpAndSpell\Database\Temp\
on Windows XP and earlier: \Program Files\ClipboardHelpAndSpell\Database\ and \ProgramFiles\ClipboardHelpAndSpell\Database\Temp\

SOLUTION 2: Add CHS to the allowed list of your security application.

SOLUTION 3: If your documents are stored on a network drive, edit the ConfigDir.ini file in your C:\Program Files x86\ClipboardHelpAndSpell directory, and set the configuration path to a local directory.

laymanmarcus:
Yes, used the installer.
Yes, I can get into options / preferences.

mouser:
Try pressing the "View or Repair Database" button on the "Backup/Maintenance" tab of options:

laymanmarcus:
I tried that and it generated another error. Tomorrow I will also try to do a complete uninstall and reinstall and see if that helps.  If it does the same, I can get the error that comes up when I try to repair database and send it along.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version