Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 26, 2014, 12:33:01 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Learn about the DonationCoder.com microdonation system (DonationCredits).

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Discussion of CMS suggestions for the DC software directory  (Read 16552 times)
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2011, 07:23:24 PM »

Wouldn't it be ironic if, after careful consideration, it ended up being implemented using Drupal?  tongue

(Sorry Mouser... lame joke. Couldn't resist. Wink  Grin)

No, it wouldn't be. Mouser has a love/hate masochistic relationship with Drupal.

Irony would be if it ended up on Wordpress.  tongue

Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2011, 07:32:41 PM »

I worked briefly with a fellow that uses Drupal for everything and loves it. He had nothing but good things to say. He also said that Drupal is really a set of building blocks, and that you need to build things like that. So, I suppose that it kind of all depends. I've not used Drupal, but may have a look some day.

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2011, 06:07:21 AM »

As april says, it wouldn't be that surprising if we used Drupal.  I definitely have a love/hate relationship with Drupal, but i have used it now in several projects and i have quite a bit of experience with it.

I find it completely unintuitive and unpleasant, but there are still good reasons to use it as a CMS, and it would be at the top of the list of contenders for DC.
joiwind
Participant

carpe momentum

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2011, 05:49:36 AM »

As april says, it wouldn't be that surprising if we used Drupal.  I definitely have a love/hate relationship with Drupal, but i have used it now in several projects and i have quite a bit of experience with it.

I find it completely unintuitive and unpleasant, but there are still good reasons to use it as a CMS, and it would be at the top of the list of contenders for DC.

mouser : putting aside Drupal for a moment (I have the same sort of relationship with it as you do though I am running a site with it since 5 years) maybe you could check this : dbqwiksite, I can't say if it is really what you're looking for but maybe it is ... ?  undecided

.: I use K-Meleon - the browser you can control - but I love Pale Moon too :.
timns
Supporting Member

Veni, vidi, debuggi

« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2012, 03:44:20 PM »

Did anything ever come of the 'DC directory' in the end?

Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2012, 03:51:35 PM »

Its still being heavily discussed  Grin

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
40hz
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2012, 06:31:22 PM »

Its still being heavily discussed  Grin

My understanding is they're going to set up a project management system to get the ball rolling on doing a wiki.

As soon as they can decide on which PM system to use. tongue

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
timns
Supporting Member

Veni, vidi, debuggi

« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2012, 11:01:19 AM »

I for one would donate towards someone's time for setting something up at last.

I still send folks here to have them report back and say they can't really see what's on offer...

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.057s | Server load: 0.08 ]