ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Discussion of CMS suggestions for the DC software directory

<< < (7/17) > >>

wraith808:
^ This is one of those times where design by community decision leads to more indecision and no work done.  I think that a real priority needs to be established, even if just as general as (a) work towards immediate benefit or (b) work towards a long term goal, i.e updating the platform and such.  I don't think that either is wrong, but it should definitely frame any conversations, and reduce such frustrations as app is experiencing.

Veign:
IMO if App had done a Wordpress based website it would probably work great for years and bring much joy to the community instead this being in discussions for months, development for a year (if a solution is chosen where solid development work is required) and in the end maybe have something that works but is difficult to maintain by a non-developer.

If someone is ready, willing and able to provide a solid solution what's the harm on taking them up on it.  Put your trust in what they will deliver and be happy to have something better (maybe perfect).  Hell, just getting someone to volunteer to complete an entire project is difficult, don't pass it up.

Think of it this way: what ever is delivered probably buys you years to work on other things.

Just my .02

wraith808:
IMO if App had done a Wordpress based website it would probably work great for years and bring much joy to the community instead this being in discussions for months, development for a year (if a solution is chosen where solid development work is required) and in the end maybe have something that works but is difficult to maintain by a non-developer.

If someone is ready, willing and able to provide a solid solution what's the harm on taking them up on it.  Put your trust in what they will deliver and be happy to have something better (maybe perfect).  Hell, just getting someone to volunteer to complete an entire project is difficult, don't pass it up.

Think of it this way: what ever is delivered probably buys you years to work on other things.

Just my .02
-Veign (March 03, 2011, 01:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

He has a point.  And not just the ones on his avatar. :)

40hz:
echo wraith808 on +1 w/ Veign

Better something workable now than perfect someday.  :)

cranioscopical:
app103

I think your selfless willingness to undertake this is something for which we all should be grateful.

As long as what you propose does not create any problem for the way DC runs (how could it?) I think we should urge you on with enthusiasm.

Thou waitest for the spark from heaven: and we,
Light half-believers of our casual creeds,
Who never deeply felt nor clearly willed…
Who hesitate and falter life away,
And lose tomorrow the ground won today —
Ah! do not we, wanderer! await it too?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version