ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Splashtop: Linux for Windows users

<< < (2/3) > >>

nudone:
it didn't work, maybe it will if i look into it. it just came up with "invalid C: drive" after installing.

i tried xPUD but it took longer to boot up than i was hoping for, i mean, win7 coming out of hiberation wasn't much slower (it was slower, just not enough to make me care).

so, it looks like i'll be sticking with win7 for now.

Curt:
According to their site, only a short list of HP computers are supported...nothing else, unless it was preinstalled on it when you bought it.
-app103 (March 02, 2011, 02:17 AM)
--- End quote ---
UPDATE: A new Splashtop OS has just been released to allow installation on a much broader range of devices and platforms. If your device is not one of the currently supported platforms listed above, you can still install and try Splashtop OS – you will be given a pre-boot menu with the option to launch Windows (default) or Splashtop OS. There are some known issues with screen resolutions and wifi support on some platforms tested. We encourage you to try it and share your experience via our support forum.-Splashtop OS
--- End quote ---

zridling:
I got it to run on a 10-year old machine with Vista on it. But that's a desktop. Figure most folks would want to use it with a laptop or netbook.

Curt:
I've just tested it on my unsupported HP desktop with Vista, and must say it is incredible FAST! Counting from the boot screen, it took me like 15 seconds to enter my facebook page! Wow!! Sadly, Splashtop didn't communicate very well with my Danish keyboard, no "uppers" (no "@£$€", etcetera), so it had to go again.

----------
Edited:
The download manager's speed of the Splashtop OS never reached 400 KB/s, and the average was merely 100 KB/s:

nite_monkey:
Splashtop is built into my desktop's Asus Motherboard. I have it disabled, and haven't used it in a long time, but when I did use it, it used a rebranded version of firefox for the browser. I might have to reenable it and install the newest version and see how it has progressed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version